SCHALLWELLE AWARDS - I've been nominated, vote for me!

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

SCHALLWELLE AWARDS - I've been nominated, vote for me!

The Schallwelle Preis (Schallwelle Awards) http://schallwelle-preis.de/ is to electronic music what the Grammys is to pop music, more or less (the size of the two markets is obviously quite different, but that's not our fault...).
Every year the awards are given to artists and records that distinguished themselves in the previous year; there are four categories: Best German Artists, Best International Artists, Best German record, Best International record.
Originally the prize was restricted to Berlin School music, but now it's been extended to many other kinds of electronic music.
Anyway, I just found out that I've been nominated this year in both the categories of International artist and International record O__O
The record that's been nominated is "FUTURE RAIN" (listen to it here http://macofbionight.bandcamp.com/album ... -series-03 ), the album I recorded last year using solely the fantastic instrument Rayblaster by Tone2 ( http://www.tone2.com/html/rayblaster_sy ... st_au.html ), whom I thank once again for allowing me to use their great products.
It goes without saying that I'm very excited about it, and even if I find myself pitting against very big names (like the record by Tangerine Dream with Brian May (Queen) >___< ) and my chances to win are slim, I'd love to get at least a few votes, so I ask that any of you who thinks I deserve it vote for me in both categories, I'd really appreciate it :wink:

So, here are the instructions to vote:

go to this page http://voting.schallwelle-preis.de/ On the left you will see the links to the four categories, click on the first ("vote for artist 2013 national") and the list of names will appear. Scroll down until you see the name(s) you want to vote. Click on the button "select" you can see to the right of the name. You can vote for up to three names (you can vote only for one or two, you don't have to use all of your votes).

Repeat the procedure with the second category, the third and the fourth. I appear in the two categories "Vote for Artist 2013 international" and "Vote for Album 2013 international," please make sure you find my name :P
PLEASE NOTE: you have to cast at least one vote in each category for your votes to be accepted!

In the panel to the right you will see your choices, check the names and titles you selected, and if you're satisfied click on "Submit votes". You will be taken to another page, where you will be asked to insert your name and your email address (it's only done to verify the votes, you will not be spammed!). After inserting the requested information, click on "Confirm and submit votes". That's it Please do not vote twice, even with different names and info, they can tell and will cancel your votes.
Remember the voting ends on January 31, so please don't postpone this too much...
Thank you very much, in the unlikely case of my victory, I will let you know - please keep your fingers crossed for me (and for anybody you think deserves this) :)

OMG, I'm German and I heard of Schallwelle Awards the first time... :o

But I'm 650 km away from Bochum, maybe that's the reason I didn't heard of it...

Unfortunately I don't have enough time to listen to all the other entries and just voting for you isn't fair if I don't know the other stuff. Nevertheless, I listened to Future Rain and like your music, there's some oldskool vibe around it, sounds like from the early 90ies... :D

In bocca al lupo!

(Is there really so much snow on the south side of the alps? :?:)

Tricky-Loops wrote:OMG, I'm German and I heard of Schallwelle Awards the first time...
Nemo propheta in patria, I guess ;-)
Tricky-Loops wrote: Unfortunately I don't have enough time to listen to all the other entries and just voting for you isn't fair if I don't know the other stuff.
Yes, of course - the sense of my post was just to alert those who would vote for me and weren't aware of this (fake votes would be no fun) :)
Being always pressed for time myself, I had to vote for the musicians and albums I already knew, picking the ones whose body of work I'm familiar with.

Tricky-Loops wrote: Nevertheless, I listened to Future Rain and like your music, there's some oldskool vibe around it, sounds like from the early 90ies...
Thanks :) And yes, the atmosphere I wanted was that of 80's sci-fi electronic movie scores, which I guess were still more or less the same in the early 90's.
Tricky-Loops wrote: In bocca al lupo!
Crepi il lupo! (you speak Italian?)
Tricky-Loops wrote: (Is there really so much snow on the south side of the alps?
Not here, we're having one of the warmest winters I can remember...Thorughout December and January we've had between 6 and 11 degrees during the day o__O

I voted for you! Good luck. :tu:

Frantz wrote:I voted for you! Good luck. :tu:
Thank you, I appreciate it! :)

Voted for you and others in each category....and listened. Nice music Mac. There are some famous names in there.

Good luck :)
Last edited by seismic1 on Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thank you, Seismic :) Yep, some pretty darn big names, I don't stand a chance, probably, but hey, you never know ;-)

Tricky-Loops wrote:OMG, I'm German and I heard of Schallwelle Awards the first time... :o

But I'm 650 km away from Bochum, maybe that's the reason I didn't heard of it...
Same here, too :o
Although I´m just 40 km away from Bochum :(

Anyway: Good Luck!!!

Greetings

Michael

Thanks - keep your fingers crossed for me, you're closer to the place, so it counts more ;-P

Return to “Music Cafe”