Fragile Gods - "All That Remains" (new mix on Mar 10)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've been fussing over this one for a long time. It's time to let it go. Any feedback is appreciated.

Fragile Gods "All That Remains"

http://soundcloud.com/fragilegods/allthatremains

The lyrics are on the SoundCloud link.

Drums: Drumatic 4
Bass: SEM V
Strings: Diva
All other synths: Rayblaster
Plus various effects

EDIT: I uploaded a new mix on Mar 10. Both the MP3 and SoundCloud are the new mix. The changes are very subtle. I just EQ'd out some of the harsh frequencies in the chorus. Thanks to Zombie Queen and Layzer for pointing out this issue.
Last edited by Frantz on Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cool, kind of Gary Newman meets Thomas Dolby. :idea:
Like it!

Not my normal kinda thing, but kept my ears from closing til the end.

Definitely got a kinda natural electro funk and could work in a range of settings for electro-pop/electro-clash (I can imagine it being played in a club, and I can imagine doing things and doing the old lip-techno thing along with it on in the background at home).
Q. Why is a mouse when it spins?
A. The higher the fewer.

Wow. Great rubbery synth bass hits you right off the bat. To my ears this had a kraftwerk sort of vibe to it but the vox actually reminded me a bit of David Bowie. The tune has a nice structure. Really dug the leads and the beats.

I've listened to a lot of instrumental electro lately, so this was a nice
change.
Your songwriting is excellent.
If I were to make a track in this genre I could learn a lot from
this.
Well done :clap:

Cheers :tu:
Sound C loud
Band C amp
Clicks and pops is all I get

Really enjoying this perky track Frantz! The Thomas Dolby reference by PatchAdamz is apt. Sounds great and would indeed be great in a club. :)
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

Lots of great stuff going on the background, rhythmic arps, percussion, vocal echoes. Nice details. The bass and percussion is prominent without being overbearing. Good vocals, with some nice varied treatments. The lead synth that entered at 0:16 reminded me of "World in My Eyes". In fact I thought this track sounded more DM than Dolby. All the sounds mesh together nicely and the mix was great.

Good work :tu:

Good song in electric-eclectic-80s mood, I like it. I thought the vocals in the chorus part could be less loud and less high-freq and maybe even have more drive, just in less head drilling manner...

PatchAdamz wrote:Cool, kind of Gary Newman meets Thomas Dolby. :idea:
Like it!
Thanks Patch. Lots of interesting comparisons are being made. I've listened to so many electronic bands of that era including Numan and Dolby. Hopefully I'm coming up with my own warped take on that style. :)

The_Hidden_Goose wrote: Definitely got a kinda natural electro funk and could work in a range of settings for electro-pop/electro-clash (I can imagine it being played in a club, and I can imagine doing things and doing the old lip-techno thing along with it on in the background at home).
Electro-(funk/pop/clash). Cool. I'm possibly touching on more genres than I realize.

Thanks for the feedback. :)

Is it just me or does this sound a teeny bit old-fashioned. I can't put my finger on it, but I feel 80s all over. Maybe it's on purpose.

Very majestic, almost a royal sound like something you'd play at the coronation of an 80s king, whatever that is.

JJ.

joejohnstun wrote:Is it just me or does this sound a teeny bit old-fashioned. I can't put my finger on it, but I feel 80s all over. Maybe it's on purpose.

Very majestic, almost a royal sound like something you'd play at the coronation of an 80s king, whatever that is.

JJ.
hate to break it to you lad, but not everyone here is a 16 year old wubbing, bass kick drum that blows your eardrums out, monotnous loop sample musician. :roll:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

the music sounds flawless. great sounds and lyrics. you pegged the dolby "blinded me with science" solo sound at 2:47! have to agree with ZQ, also feel the chorus vox had a wee bit to much mid-highs preventing it from sitting smoothly in the mix. in all, a great sounding example of my fav music era. :tu:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

ecamburn wrote:Wow. Great rubbery synth bass hits you right off the bat. To my ears this had a kraftwerk sort of vibe to it but the vox actually reminded me a bit of David Bowie. The tune has a nice structure. Really dug the leads and the beats.
Kraftwerk with Bowie vox would be a fantastic combo. I think I came up short compared to those legends but it's a very cool comparison nonetheless. I really appreciate the listen and comments. :)

Return to “Music Cafe”