Fragile Gods - "All That Remains" (new mix on Mar 10)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Frantz wrote:
planetearth wrote:Ha! Your lawyers don't scare me! You'll see what MY lawyer is capable of...once he's released from prison. :neutral:
I see you're another gullible musician -- dealing with a lawyer in prison.

I happen to be represented by the top legal team in Nigeria. They are about to close a sweet business deal that will net me TWENTY ONE MILLION DOLLARS. I just need to mortgage my house to raise the fees for the deal. It pays to know the business side of things. :tu:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Frantz wrote:
planetearth wrote:Ha! Your lawyers don't scare me! You'll see what MY lawyer is capable of...once he's released from prison. :neutral:
I see you're another gullible musician -- dealing with a lawyer in prison.

I happen to be represented by the top legal team in Nigeria. They are about to close a sweet business deal that will net me TWENTY ONE MILLION DOLLARS. I just need to mortgage my house to raise the fees for the deal. It pays to know the business side of things. :tu:
Well-played, sir! Well-played. :wink:

Steve
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

The new mix sounds great Fragile! :) Nice vocal effects! Really like the lead synth....
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

bluedad wrote:Glad I didn't miss this. Very good song craftsmanship, arrangement and vocal.
Thanks bluedad. I appreciate the nice feedback.

any1particular wrote:Nice! Great mix-all the instruments are nice and clear and sit nicely in the mix. I hear a bit of Devo in there perhaps-good one Frantz! :)
Thanks for checking this out Chuck. Glad to hear the mix was good. I have to confess that I'm not very familiar with Devo but I guess this is somewhere in that new wave ballpark.

nasenmann wrote:Good mixing, good processing of the background elements, and the vocal delivery sounds very fitting.

Personally, i find the synth strings and bass combo a little bland. I guess my appreciation of that less exotic type of 80's electropop sound is somewhat limited.

Still, i can see what the tune wants to be, so good work on that.
Thanks for the listen and the comments. Regarding the strings and bass combo, I originally had two additional synth parts during the verse but I dropped them to give the essential parts more space. So I would call it "intentionally minimal" but I can see how it would be "bland" to you with your maximalist approach. :)

Love that song.
MacBook Pro" i7 2.9GHz, 16GB RAM | MacOS Ventura | PreSonus Studio 824c Interface | Bitwig Studio 5.1

I was just listening 'zold' version and new version on my expensive (to my standards) cans and on my not so expensive cans. The chorus in old version was hard to listen on expensive ones, some razor sharp highs, new version sounds gooood. This were my impressions on 1440 Shures. I switched to then to old ATH M40, old version sounds acceptable there, probably because these cans lack clarity on high freq, new version didn't sound better though, but kind of muddy in comparison. Oh, hardware hell. My wife and kids sneeze already, so I'm not putting it on speakers. Out of curiosity, did you have a compressor on master bus?

Allomerus wrote:The new mix sounds great Fragile! :) Nice vocal effects! Really like the lead synth....
Thanks for giving it a second listen John. I'm glad the new mix sounded OK. :)

searlstudio wrote:Love that song.
Your post was short but sweet. Very much appreciated. :)

Zombie Queen wrote:I was just listening 'zold' version and new version on my expensive (to my standards) cans and on my not so expensive cans. The chorus in old version was hard to listen on expensive ones, some razor sharp highs, new version sounds gooood. This were my impressions on 1440 Shures. I switched to then to old ATH M40, old version sounds acceptable there, probably because these cans lack clarity on high freq, new version didn't sound better though, but kind of muddy in comparison. Oh, hardware hell. My wife and kids sneeze already, so I'm not putting it on speakers. Out of curiosity, did you have a compressor on master bus?
Thanks for checking back in ZQ. I appreciate the detailed feedback. I know what you mean about preferring different versions on different headphones/speakers. I think it's a compromise to find a mix that works OK on most setups. I'm happy to hear the new version sounds good on the more expensive cans.

I only had Fab Filter's Pro-L limiter on the master bus which gave it some extra loudness. Maybe one day I'll get it properly mastered. I'm sure a pro could sort out the frequencies better than I could.

Return to “Music Cafe”