[Ambient/Acid] Qatarsis - Emptiness Of Ghosts / The Quirky Acid Dancers

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey :)

Today I'm going to post 2 tracks, shame on me, but it's quite a long time ago and i need some feedback really :D

first one is a quite melancholic ambient track
https://soundcloud.com/qatarsis/emptiness-of-ghosts

and the second one is a quite phunny phunky acid track
https://soundcloud.com/qatarsis/the-quirky-acid-dancers

and no, i aint got a borderline syndrome :P

hope you guys enjoy, i'm excited to hear some opinions
cheers
qatarsis

I liked "Emptiness of Ghosts". It reminded me of some of the olf Fripp & Eno stuff from the '70s. Very pleasant indeed. Ii haven't listened to the other piece yet. Off to play my guitar now.

Good work :)

I listened to both tracks. I liked the first one. It was very "empty" sounding but not thin or weak. I wouldn't say it's quite melancholic, but lonely. Very relaxing.

The second one has potential. The bass was well done. The groove, however, I felt was a little overdone. The swing was very pronounced, so that it sounded more frenetic than funky. I'd dial it back so that it's more visceral and less extreme.

Enjoyed the first track. Has a nice other worldly sound and flows well.

The second track seems like a mix of straight and swinging beats which seem at odds with each other to start off with, although there is nothing wrong with this. Settles into a nice little quirky piece after that.

Well done! :)
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

@seismic: thanks alot man, hope you had fun playing the guitar :D had no internet the last week thats why i'm answearing a little late ^^
it's a real pleasure to hear this ! eno is a really great musician <3 i havent heard about the stuff of those both, will check this out right now !

@nineofkings: thanks alot man, it's quite intereseting to hear that really, because when i made the track i was feeling quite down and empty and now y'all tell me that it's not that melancholic, rather lonely/pleasant.
regarding the quirky acid track - yeah i'll have to improve certain things really, you're quite right with the groove, especially at 1:50 i think
anyway, thanks alot for taking time :)

@allomerus: I'm very glad you call this "other wordly sound" cause that's for me the biggest achievement i cant get, i'd say :D
thanks alot dude :)

Return to “Music Cafe”