I'm a hip-hop produca now

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I helped a rapper put together his first mixtape - made about half the beats (by taking synth and drum sequences from my pop cover band and making some minor changes here and there), most of the vocals were recorded at my house too. I think he could get somewhere once he gets more confidence in his voice.

https://soundcloud.com/pan-cygan

I made the beats that aren't marked as prod. Leo or prod. Kazera or remix, if anybody's curious. It was pretty fun, though I'll be the first to admit I'm not into real hip-hop and would rather be making Pitbull-style beats.

Funniest part: the guy who made a few of the other beats asked me how I got the bass sound on "Narodziny". It's literally the simplest sound possible: 3xosc, only one oscillator used, it's making a sine wave, and there are no effects on it. Goes to show that the simplest sounds are often best.

dude has some good flow. i don't understand a word of it, but he's got it going on. cool beatz too.

Now you need to get some bling and start getting more street cred by reppin the Gs and keep doin ya thang.

lol
:borg:

What is a hip-hop produca?

Just kidding.... :hihi:

Regnas wrote:What is a hip-hop produca?

Just kidding.... :hihi:

:hihi:
Last edited by V0RT3X on Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:borg:

Heh, thanks. We're supposed to do a photo session soon, too. I'll see how thuggy I can look for that one.

We also did a couple of these tracks at an open mic that's generally full of foreigners with acoustic guitars. Got a really positive reception there, I was pretty surprised by that. I was standing behind the tablet playing with effects and synth parameters in FLP.

I know I'm not the best produca or proDJoosa in the world but it's really fun to jump into a musical world that's different than what you've done before (but not so totally alien that you're lost) and see how well you can do under its rules.

DSmolken wrote:Heh, thanks. We're supposed to do a photo session soon, too. I'll see how thuggy I can look for that one.

We also did a couple of these tracks at an open mic that's generally full of foreigners with acoustic guitars. Got a really positive reception there, I was pretty surprised by that. I was standing behind the tablet playing with effects and synth parameters in FLP.

I know I'm not the best produca or proDJoosa in the world but it's really fun to jump into a musical world that's different than what you've done before (but not so totally alien that you're lost) and see how well you can do under its rules.
I hear ya, i had some fun jamming in FL with a guy i knew from uni who rapped.
He made ALL of his beats by loading up bits from released songs into fl slicer and rearranging them. Was interesting to see a totally different philosophy of making tracks.

Skipped through the tracks a little, i think i like the sound of polish rapping.
The beats i heard all sounded serviceable/good, though nothing struck me as off the wall genius. But hey, just your very first taste, you might get there mista Predjuza!

Yeah, the other guy who made a couple of the beats puts everything together totally be ear without even knowing what key anything is in, though he's now learning to play keys and wants to play his own melodies too. I'm all about theory and reading standard notation and shiny-sounding modern synths, so the totally opposite approaches make for a varied mixtape.
nasenmann wrote:Skipped through the tracks a little, i think i like the sound of polish rapping.
To get off-topic in my own topic a bit, in one of the tracks he name-checks Kaliber 44. Their track "+/-" is a great example of classic Polish rap that sounds so psycho (they called their style "psycho rap" and they didn't call it that name for nothing) it probably doesn't matter if you can't understand the lyrics, which are all about freaking out about waiting for the results of an AIDS test. But rap sounds even better in Mongolian. Check out "Nulims dussan hair" by Tatar, for a very old-school example, or the verse Amraa does in Uka's "Hi ladies". Not that I have any particular connection to Mongolia, I just used to play in a band with a singer who once spent a few months in Mongolia.

Return to “Music Cafe”