Listen to Tricky Loops Love Mission!

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Serious... I also think that the main voice is a little far away and the drums a bit dull but NO ONE can argue the artistic choices of a composer... I don't know why but if i use reverb in send when the track isn't in solo reverb vanishing (also the best vst reverbs, Valhalla apart) ... -_- so, in a rock\pop situation i use reverb in insert but just for vocals, snare and toms, sometimes in acoustic guitars... in a project i can use to get 2 or 3 delays but in send cause IMO the voice is the business card (soul) of a song...

Turello wrote:Serious... I also think that the main voice is a little far away and the drums a bit dull but NO ONE can argue the artistic choices of a composer... I don't know why but if i use reverb in send when the track isn't in solo reverb vanishing (also the best vst reverbs, Valhalla apart) ... -_- so, in a rock\pop situation i use reverb in insert but just for vocals, snare and toms, sometimes in acoustic guitars... in a project i can use to get 2 or 3 delays but in send cause IMO the voice is the business card (soul) of a song...
Certo, for a mainstream pop/rock song of course I would treat vocals and guitars as main elements but in this song the vocals aren't the most important element. For me, in this song, the percussion is the main element - the groove-, neither the kick-snare beat nor the vocals. I could have used this vocal pack for making a conventional mainstream EDM song a la "I love you always and all night and forever and all my life and... :o" but I wanted to make a kinda funny vocal line, that's why you hear "Yeah, aha, yuhu, thank you" in the background and those "drunken" sounding "love mission" vocals.

If you find a song from me without some funny lo-fi elements & effects, please call me out at the sound police! :hihi:

repeat: NO ONE can argue the artistic choices of a composer... AMEN!

It's funny. I like the nostalgic elements to it.
I thought the wet warbly echo sound could be changed up with some dryer sections for a nice effect. Maybe try alternating between both in future tracks.

:phones: 8) yoho, i like them Tricky Loops mushroom disco love missions and the springy glue is gooda imo láläla
"It dreamed itself along"

@nasenmann & mellotronaut

Thanks for participating in my love mission! :o :love: :D

i thought maybe cut some lows and mid-lows out of the reverbish vox? they sound like they're on the 'other side of a wall'.

the rest of it sounds fairly 'normal'. maybe cut some of the highs a bit? ymmv.

overall, quite coo in any event.

I'm still waiting for all the hot girls. Maybe I should sound like Avicii... :shrug:

Tricky-Loops wrote:I'm still waiting for all the hot girls. Maybe I should sound like Avicii... :shrug:
The track is cool but the hot girls won't listen to a mix like this. I think this is gonna be a solo love mission. :o

Frantz wrote:
Tricky-Loops wrote:I'm still waiting for all the hot girls. Maybe I should sound like Avicii... :shrug:
The track is cool but the hot girls won't listen to a mix like this. I think this is gonna be a solo love mission. :o
Okay then I'll make such a loud kick that all pussies will be shaking automatically! :hyper:

Tricky-Loops will make the hugest **ck* eva! :o Avicii, you can go home! :P

* Kick

Tricky-Loops wrote:Tricky-Loops will make the hugest kick eva! :o
Good mixes are not about huge kicks, they are about balance and clarity. Your track sounds like house music played on a boom box at the end of a tunnel. All those delays are working against you.

Frantz wrote:
Tricky-Loops wrote:Tricky-Loops will make the hugest kick eva! :o
Good mixes are not about huge kicks, they are about balance and clarity. Your track sounds like house music played on a boom box at the end of a tunnel. All those delays are working against you.
I'm coming from the mountains where the delay was discovered! :party:

may your love message echo to the ends of the universe, Tricky! :love:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

It´s all for love

love mission ?
could be fine

mixing mission ?

(( D ))

Anyway relisten there's also something innovative in this song...

Once in a time Miles Davis said: "Do not play what's there. Play what's not there."

;-)

Return to “Music Cafe”