Most passionate song i've made! First attempt at orchestral composition-ish type of track!

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey guys, i don't really know what genre to put this under because I've never really done it. But its sort of like a synthesis orchestra kind thing. A nice slow paced build up for 2 minutes into a climax that i honestly think, without being vein, is amazing. All sounds apart from the drum kit, snare (during the build up) and piano were made or recorded by me! :)

https://soundcloud.com/peachey/ahhhh/s-rm7re

It's probably the first song I've made from a feeling i have had. I think the feeling is accomplishment, probably cliche'd but i wouldn't know hahah! I started making it at my university's library where i recorded some background noise/talking which builds up with the song to make an effect like voices in your head. When i listen to it i generally imagine myself trying to do a hard task like an assignment which is daunting at the start, like the song itself, but it gets brighter and clearer as i progress until i finally complete and i am so happy!

Please let me know what you think, i have never been so proud of a production of my own, hence the huge paragraph lol. I would really appreciate some feedback on this or tips before i finish it off. I was thinking of adding violins to thicken it up, but i don't want them to overpower the piano or the whole mix itself.

Cheers!

Also I'm sure there are a lot of better productions out there. In no way am i saying this is the best hahah, its just my first and MY best :')

Nice mellow song Peachey. What university you in, for music?
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Double post :P I'd say also maybe too much reverb on crash type sound but okay if you were going for that effect, maybe sidechain it or add say panning effect after reverb chain?
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

mysticvibes wrote:Double post :P I'd say also maybe too much reverb on crash type sound but okay if you were going for that effect, maybe sidechain it or add say panning effect after reverb chain?
Im at QUT (Brisbane, Australia) doing business, i wish it was music haha!

And do you mean the cymbal crash, or the effect you can hear at 2:30? i was going for that effect but i might turn it down a tad. Or you might mean the sub sound from the beginning? if so then the panning sounds like a good idea! Thanks for the feedback! :D

I meant crashes towards the end. I'd be careful about panning sub frequencies though but for pads it might be alright?

TTU Youtube

mysticvibes wrote:I meant crashes towards the end. I'd be careful about panning sub frequencies though but for pads it might be alright?
Ah right, not much i can do about those as they are part of the jazz drum loop. I'll play around with them though and see what i can do!

Thanks!

Awesome track!
Can you comment on what you used?

Pretty good, I haven't made anything as good in this particular style. Simple and effective.

urlwolf wrote:Awesome track!
Can you comment on what you used?
I used massive for all the synthesis, and Kontakt Alicia's Keys for the piano. Plus a looottttt of effects and tweaking haha!

Where is it? :/

Return to “Music Cafe”