New ethno chill track "Soha"; feedback wanted

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Today I finished a new song called "Soha".
I had the idea to it when I played the new ROM soundset for the tone2 Electrax.
The most synth sounds (also the voice sounds) are Electrax with a little help from Kontakt 5 and Groove Agent 3.

Here it is:
http://soundcloud.com/musikus/soha

I would be happy about your feedbacks. :-)

Nice song. I felt myself inside a jungle managing to get some water and make a bed of some big leafs I'd find in the ground. After I'm done, I'd put your song in my iphone.

Hi mvrasseli,
many thanks for listening.
I am glad that you like it. :-)

Very nicely produced. It doesn`t sound amateurish. I commend your use of verb and warmth. Stereo staging worked well.
The arrangement I believe could be made more concise, avoiding becoming repetitious in places. A chord or two from an analog synth pad didn`t work musically..but hey..that`s ok.
All and all it has character, good composition, and is well produced.
....................Don`t blame me for 'The Roots', I just live here. :x

Hi annode,
many thanks for your feedback. :-)

I like it. The mix sounds full and dense for my taste, but not overloaded. Nicely engineered. And, of course, sound and atmosphere are fantastic.

I think that low drums entering at around 0:33 are somewhat out of place, however, and don't match the perspective. Could be reverb settings.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

Hi DJ Warmonger,
thanks for your feedback.
You are right, there is a little problem with the congas at 0:33.
But until yet I found no solution. I mixed the congas loud but it are not so hearable as I want. Maybe that it is a prblem with the fequency range.
I will also try your tip with the reverb settings.

By the way: Here is another track that I just finshed.
It is a tribute to the TV series "Miami vice": Miami race
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 2#p5723912

Return to “Music Cafe”