Hot Hog Infusion - ElectroProg (Seismic Landmark)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This is a fun and enjoyable track. I dig the overlapping arpeggiations. It's a nice lot of motion and complexity. Is that called a polyrhythm? The sounds in the beginning remind me (favorably) of early Depeche Mode, while the rest feels more like what I'm used to in modern dance music, though this song has a lot more solid progression in its content than most dance tracks (again, a good thing here). But yeah, the overlapping and syncopated (?) arp lines are what keep my interest most. :-)
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

mix sounds really good. maybe just tilt a wee, wee tad toward more lows and less highs? ymmv (listening on the 'trebly' phones it sounds like maybe it could have +bass - treble... listening on the 'bassy' phones it sounds just about right)

there are parts of this where one might imagine the likes of gahan/gore singing harmonies alongside.

in the sections where a 'saw' is basically 'stabbing' 1...2...3...4 maybe there could be more rhythmic variation?

anyway, really enjoyed this mix more than the nits might indicate.

PatchAdamz wrote:I like the rubbery texture of that hog fried initial structure.
It was worth the many mixes to get that pig Latin lucidity languid and lipizzan.
Now pigs CAN fly. :)
Thanks very much for listening and for the alliterative, climactic comments. Very glad you liked it :)

Frantz wrote:
seismic1 wrote:I am probably going to re-use this patch in a new Berlin School influenced track I started work on tonight, with some changes to the envelope settings.
You're a stubborn man. Next time I don't like a patch, I'll tell you how wonderful it sounds. I expect you'll then change it immediately. :hihi:
Confusionism - cool album title :wheee:

seismic1 wrote: Confusionism - cool album title :wheee:
Alternate album titles:

"Baconfusion" - bacon + confusion
"Piglet Regret"
"How the Sausage is Made"

:ud:

Frantz wrote:
seismic1 wrote: Confusionism - cool album title :wheee:
Alternate album titles:

"Baconfusion" - bacon + confusion
"Piglet Regret"
"How the Sausage is Made"

:ud:
"Hot Pork Injection" :scared:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Jace-BeOS wrote:This is a fun and enjoyable track. I dig the overlapping arpeggiations. It's a nice lot of motion and complexity. Is that called a polyrhythm? The sounds in the beginning remind me (favorably) of early Depeche Mode, while the rest feels more like what I'm used to in modern dance music, though this song has a lot more solid progression in its content than most dance tracks (again, a good thing here). But yeah, the overlapping and syncopated (?) arp lines are what keep my interest most. :-)
Thanks very much for checking this out, jace. Glad you enjoyed it :)

I suppose parts of this are slightly polyrhythmic, particularly the overlapping arps. I used to listen to Discipline-era King Crimson back in the '80s. That was probably the album that really turned me on to polyrhythms, but lots of Prog-rock albums from the '70s also feature them.

I really liked the comments regarding DM, modern dance music, and the progression. These are all things I like to keep in mind when putting these tracks together, although the piece I'm working on right now is quite different in character to HHI.

Ooh! Some mouth percussion. I like the arps and concurrent melodies. I think they would sound more 70s with loss of fidelity -- tape distortion compression et seq.
Nice pad at 3:02.

Good rhythmic changes beginning around 3:00, maybe a bit too rigid in timing for me.

Nice ending, synthesizes all previous elements well.

mrblitz wrote:mix sounds really good. maybe just tilt a wee, wee tad toward more lows and less highs? ymmv (listening on the 'trebly' phones it sounds like maybe it could have +bass - treble... listening on the 'bassy' phones it sounds just about right)

there are parts of this where one might imagine the likes of gahan/gore singing harmonies alongside.

in the sections where a 'saw' is basically 'stabbing' 1...2...3...4 maybe there could be more rhythmic variation?

anyway, really enjoyed this mix more than the nits might indicate.
You may be right about the bass/treble balance. I mastered this on my larger speakers but didn't really boost the low-end eq as much as I might have. I may revisit that sometime.

You're definitely right about that timing. I should do something about that. I'll try and look at that next week.

Thanks very much for listening and commenting, mrblitz. Glad you enjoyed it :)

excellent array of composition, many different facets to this track that only great creativity can pull together as you did. loved the opening and all in finish, cool progressive electro..or as I thought at 1st glance, "hot dog fusion" :D
kinda reminded me of an old giorgio moroder piece
good stuff

Genetic_Junk wrote:Ooh! Some mouth percussion. I like the arps and concurrent melodies. I think they would sound more 70s with loss of fidelity -- tape distortion compression et seq.
Nice pad at 3:02.

Good rhythmic changes beginning around 3:00, maybe a bit too rigid in timing for me.

Nice ending, synthesizes all previous elements well.
Thanks very much for the listen, and the comments, G_J. Glad you liked it :)

I really should put FerricTDS and Satin to more use. Until now I have only used them on the master buss. I think I should experiment with them on the individual mixer channels.

wavephonic wrote:excellent array of composition, many different facets to this track that only great creativity can pull together as you did. loved the opening and all in finish, cool progressive electro..or as I thought at 1st glance, "hot dog fusion" :D
kinda reminded me of an old giorgio moroder piece
good stuff
Thanks very much for listening and for the great comments, wavephonic. Glad you liked it :)

For some reason, this track seems to have large array of working titles :wink:

Return to “Music Cafe”