PsySpaceRock "Dialectric Pickle" now ver.2 -> -> -> -> -> ->

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

astrochimp wrote:wow, this sounds even better than the version i favorited on soundcloud yesterday! :tu:
Thanks for 'favoriting' it yesterday astro-astronaut. :wink: ..don`t know what that is really...nor do I know why this SC embed player suggests GregHooper tracks after my track ends! haha :roll:

The reason this track sounds better is cause it`s version2...I made some production changes trying to make it encode better at SC. Ver.1 didn`t go well.
....................Don`t blame me for 'The Roots', I just live here. :x

any1particular wrote:I really like the intro on this....stacking the ecco arpeggiation with the intro orchestral riff is draws me right in...love it! ...this would be perfect for my Yoga classes.....thanks for sharing! :)
Thanks for giving me your attention for 13 and more mins Chuck. :D
What`s ecco ? I must be a dummy, I can`t think of anything.
That orchestral riff I guess is the 'vocal call' synth "Alchemy"...yeah that sound being pitched up,(when I did it right) sounded like a human vocal call, beckoning all listeners to come in a stay awhile. :hyper:
Yoga! Really, you Chuck yoga? Cool! I used to do transcendental meditation. Don`t do it anymore...guess it was tangential meditation then. :roll: I have plans to start it up again real soon.
Your doing yoga, so you know why i`m starting it up again. (getting older sucks)

I know this track needs a lot of grooming before it`s a real listenable track. Right now it`s just what happened in 3hrs one night...and I couldn`t be happier, but it really needs more working. I want it to fall off the 1st page until it`s completed.

HEY! I`d love it if you could find time to lay down a midi-guitar solo of some sort for this track..huh,pretty pls, huh? :hyper:

Later man. :D

Frantz wrote:It reminds of a Klaus Schulze only a little more aggressive.
I think that is spot-on. The lead synths certainly echo his style very well indeed, and the sequencer lines are also strongly reminiscent of his late '70s work. Too long? I don't think so. 13 minutes feels about right, but I have high TD/Schulze/Ashra/ARC tolerance. Nice work with the sequencers and it sounded great on my monitors.

Good work :)

Lots to like here Barry. That repetitive line is quite hypnotic and a stoner's delight. The drum pattern adds a great jerk to the groove. Some stunning themes played out on the lead synths, and I liked a lot of the lead sounds, that low distorted one near the beginning, the one with the vocal quality. Also some cool modulation on the lead sounds. Dug it as an abstract yet groove-centric kind of free jam.
Image Image

seismic1 sez;
Nice work with the sequencers and it sounded great on my monitors.
Thanks! I`m happy with how cool the seqrs came out too. Lots of bands..well maybe not lots...do Schulze/TD style stuff, especially live performance, so i`m not alone. It just came out like that. I didn`t go into my host with that style in mind..but it`s sure fun. I wish I actually played better keys.(organ/lead)

I have a few ideas to make the 13mins more listenable even though some of us came listen to just seqrs going for like 13mins without getting too bored. haha Most cannot, so i`ll fix it up like new and bump the new ver. back. Until then I guess i`ll need to delete the track. Don`t want any more replies till it`s finished.

polyslax wrote:Lots to like here Barry. That repetitive line is quite hypnotic and a stoner's delight. The drum pattern adds a great jerk to the groove. Some stunning themes played out on the lead synths, and I liked a lot of the lead sounds, that low distorted one near the beginning, the one with the vocal quality. Also some cool modulation on the lead sounds. Dug it as an abstract yet groove-centric kind of free jam.
Ha..Hi Matt. was about to delete the track until it`s finished...then I get two new replies. That`s cool, it`s just i`m a little embarrassed about it not being completed and still taking comments on it. :oops:

"Stoner`s delight". That`s the comment i`m looking for! That`s what I go for when I work. Don`t use anymore, but my brain is permanently in an altered state. :hihi: Thanks Matt.
There are two vocal quality synths. The vocal call is from Alchemy and the lead is FM7. I wrote all that above the track SC player.
You mentioned the modulation. I hope to really improve on that modwheel action to better morph around that female vocal/synth trade-off. I`ll have to go to midi-guitar and expression pedal for that. I don`t solo well on keys ...as you can hear. :roll:

There`s a harmony theme between the lead and organ chords in a few sections although not up front really. I can improve on that a lot and play off it some as well I think.
Dug it as an abstract yet groove-centric kind of free jam
Yeah, that`s how it went down that night. I made the seqrs and drum groove track while tweeking each seqr as I recorded them to .wav in 'Chainer'. Then imported the .wav to Nuendo II, then did the organ/lead performances on my little Oxygen8. Kinda jamming to the seqrs track. That`s what I posted ...unpolished ...but I thought cool enough to post for a few comments.

Thanks for all your comments ppl. I hope to have a better 3rd ver. up soon and if you`ll be kind enough to comment on that when it`s posted. :D

Barry/annode

Return to “Music Cafe”