Acid/Electro-ish type track, would like feedback

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

It's inspired by old-school acid house tracks and I think it turned out pretty good. I'd love some feedback though.

(Note: I haven't been producing that long so be nice :D )

https://soundcloud.com/laknabo/what-i-saw-original-mix

Yo, man! Keep that acid how it is and find a way to get those drums to sound more present. Especially the kick and snare. The percussion sounds nice. I would give them a bit more space. And either shorten the song or keep it interesting, because it got sort of stale towards the end. The end should be your climax and the part that gets the listener really amped. But yeah. That's my two cents. Keep producing, buddy!
Create.

Ok, thanks!

Nihilis wrote:Yo, man! Keep that acid how it is and find a way to get those drums to sound more present. Especially the kick and snare. The percussion sounds nice. I would give them a bit more space.
Can you suggest a way to make the drums sound more present/give them more space?
Nihilis wrote:And either shorten the song or keep it interesting, because it got sort of stale towards the end. The end should be your climax and the part that gets the listener really amped. But yeah. That's my two cents. Keep producing, buddy!
Yeah, I just shortened it. I thought it was too long anyway.

Layering the kick with the same sample but with different effects is one way to make the kick have more texture. (compress those sounds together so it doesn't sound to cluttered.) I would do the same to the snare. Putting a slightly distorted kick on the snare his might help make the snare a but punchier. And with the percussion I would cut out all the low frequencies from it. Add slight flange or phase to them. And possibly splice every other hit and move them to a separate track so you have the same loop but every other hit is on a separate track. The pan one of those tracks to the right and the other to the left. This is just a basic idea that you can fine tune later and find what sounds good to you, but just remember that each hit matters. Each note is different and all instruments have their own personality. You have to take control and be the creator of your own little musical world.
Create.

Return to “Music Cafe”