Modus: Virus TI and Eurorack modular. Feedback requested.

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all,

Here is my latest piece. Like all my recent work, it is based around the Virus TI, but it is also first time I have used my Eurorack modular system in a track.

It also features Absynth and the Korg M1 Legacy Edition.

It features some fairly fancy sound design (for me), and was quite hard to mix, with loads of automation and (the horror...) sidechain compression.

Please let me know what you think:

https://soundcloud.com/daniel-b-1/modus

You're certainly building up a powerful collection of hardware. The main melodic synth riff, percussion and the "lead" string sound definitely seem to be reminiscent of late '80s DM, although I can hear some other sounds on here which may possibly have been popular or prominent in other genres/styles.

Good work :)

seismic1 wrote:You're certainly building up a powerful collection of hardware. The main melodic synth riff, percussion and the "lead" string sound definitely seem to be reminiscent of late '80s DM, although I can hear some other sounds on here which may possibly have been popular or prominent in other genres/styles.

It's a very small modular, for now :evil:

I can't shake the DM disease, so I tend to just accept it as part of my musical identity :)

daniel_baum wrote:
seismic1 wrote:You're certainly building up a powerful collection of hardware. The main melodic synth riff, percussion and the "lead" string sound definitely seem to be reminiscent of late '80s DM, although I can hear some other sounds on here which may possibly have been popular or prominent in other genres/styles.

It's a very small modular, for now :evil:

I can't shake the DM disease, so I tend to just accept it as part of my musical identity :)
I see what you did there :wink:

Return to “Music Cafe”