Beyond The Wintered Sky - Progressive Rock Circa 2014

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Great sounds Patch! Guitar is lovely... Beautiful production. Excellent dreamy track yet full of interesting ideas. Well done! :)
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

ecamburn wrote:This song has a great dreamy vibe. I have to agree with others here that the lead guitar work is really nice. The lead lines were really engaging. Nice one.

Thanks ecamburn,

Much appreciated! :)

Sparky77 wrote:Some cool guitar work, subtle but intertwined, enjoyable.

The vocals give it a unique sound, maybe a little Floydish but different.

Like to hear more of this style. 8)
I was fond of the ol Floyd back in the day. :tu:

Big fan of the arrangement and instrumentation. As a long-time Ozric fan I can see the references to them and Floyd. All great styles of music that should continue to be explored as you are successfully doing here. I listened twice before posting. You can enjoy attentively or as a background track while you are working. Great job.

If I had one comment, the arpeggiated guitar's phaser/flanger is a little too dominant, creating moments where the nasally tone conflicts with some of the other frequencies in that range. If it were me, I'd tuck the wet/dry back a touch (but it's not me, so you can totally disregard!) ;-)

Thanks for sharing and now off to listen to the rest of your music.

Cheers

Krakatau wrote:production clearly reminds me of the dark side of the moon (singer vocalise, slow drum part and chorused, arpegiatted guitars, etc..)

nice mood...

I purchased "Dark Side" when I was very young.
At the time, I had not heard any of it as it was just released.
Pink Floyd was not well known prior that release and the LP had just been placed in the store.

I purchased it because I liked the cover.

When I got to my friends house, we placed the needle on the record.
The sound of a heart beat, then people talking began, then that first guitar chord.

We sat there in front of the turn table from beginning to end.

The ending with that heart beat again.

Then we played it again...

Return to “Music Cafe”