Get Ur Freak On

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi Guys,
Been working on a new track, with samples and stuff from "missy elliot's - Get ur freak on"
i've kept all de given feedback in mind of the last 9 months and tried to use it all in this track.
it worked out pretty well if you ask me, but thats not why i'm here.
I need your feedback! so please tell me whats good about the track, and also what sucks...

I'm still a noob so i need all the help i can get!

https://soundcloud.com/maarten-pool/get-your-freak-on

I like it.
Great drums and good use of buildups and breakdowns.

As a matter of taste I could suggest a leadsynth in the
upper range with a suitable sound.
Something raw/distorted.
Not much - just to add some flavour.

Well done :tu:
Sound C loud
Band C amp
Clicks and pops is all I get

sbj wrote:I like it.
Great drums and good use of buildups and breakdowns.

As a matter of taste I could suggest a leadsynth in the
upper range with a suitable sound.
Something raw/distorted.
Not much - just to add some flavour.

Well done :tu:
Thnx!
I was trying to get the same sound as used in the original song, but it turns out that that's a actual instrument, and i cant recreate it in massive or something like that...
but thnx for the feedback!

Interesting tune. I like the big stomping beat and the bassline. there's a lot of nice little programming touches in this tune. Nice one.

Too much 'want' at the beginning, too less concept/structure throughout the track.

In addition: Don't know Missy Elliot's original version therefore can't judge what is your work and what has been re-used/-sampled/-arranged.

Keep on tryin'. :)

elassi wrote:Too much 'want' at the beginning, too less concept/structure throughout the track.

In addition: Don't know Missy Elliot's original version therefore can't judge what is your work and what has been re-used/-sampled/-arranged.

Keep on tryin'. :)
hmm... i kinda know what you mean with no concept/structure, but that's also what i liked about the track... i liked the dynamics in the track itself instead of repeating parts over and over to get a "dancetrack"
but thnx for the feedback!

Return to “Music Cafe”