An experiment...

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

I wanted to make a tune faster (it usually takes too much time :D).
So I recorded a track, put it on audio, recorded the second track, merged (mixed) the audio with the original (deleted intermediate files), and so on for about 7 times.

Bad thing is now I can't change anything about the mix (realised everything is centered, at the end). Good thing is that it only took 4 hours to make.

What do you think?

VDX - Meditation
https://soundcloud.com/vdxi/meditation

It's a great track. I really enjoyed it. 4 hours to make this sounds like very fast work indeed. I doubt that I could write anything 1/10th as good as this in 400 hours. I hope you kept the original individual audio files. I liked the melancholy feel of the piece, and the sound of the piano, which seems to set the other instruments in the correct context. I think this would make a fine soundtrack piece.

Good work :)

Excellent composition. The mix is quite good. 4 hours well spent! :tu:

You process reminds me of what we had to do back in the day on four track recorders. Once you got up to track 3, you had to bounce 1-3 to 4 opening up 3 other tracks, but the next round you only had two tracks to work with since you always had to leave a track open to bounce to. :-)

I really like the the cello and the piano and timpani. I wasn't too keen on the male voices, but that's just personal taste. Pretty melodies. The mix seemed a little concentrated in the mid range, though it didn't sound bad to me. Nice one.

Enjoyed this. I too remember the tape days!

Mono-ness is not necessarily a bad thing, and it works here.
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

Return to “Music Cafe”