70s Style Berlin Electronic Improv - Nora, Bazille, BlueARP, Big Rock, Shimmer - Run the Race!

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Great! Is has definitely some flavors of JMJ as can be heard in tracks like Arpeggiator.
The more I hang around at KVR the less music I make.

This most certainly ticks my Schulze/TD boxes very thoroughly indeed. The music itself is great, but it's the patches you have built which deliver the sound of authenticity.

Good work :tu:

Fantastic. Going to have to dig into more of your work!
A composer is a guy who goes around forcing his will on unsuspecting air molecules, often with the assistance of unsuspecting musicians. - FZ

Nicely made and performed. Thanks for the key changes. :) Enjoyed that.
....................Don`t blame me for 'The Roots', I just live here. :x

Wow! Thanks heaps for the positive feedback guys and for taking the time to have a listen.
My brand new RME Fireface UFX arrived yesterday and it has given me a number of new options for incorporating VSTi's into my hardware rig so I'm planning to use a hybrid setup for the remainder of the album. I'll be making extensive use of Diva and Bazille in this setup too.
The_Hidden_Goose wrote:Some nice kosmische here!

Sounds reminiscent of the better bits of Encore/Stratosphere/Force Majeure era TD to me. Even pushing a little bit into their early 80s period with some of the sounds.
TD were a huge influence on me in previous decades and that influence helped to shape my studio and keyboard rig. At one point, I had around thirty or more of their albums.
I was adopted at seven weeks of age and met my birth father in my mid twenties. Turns out he is a musician and actually played support to TD in Melbourne in 1975 during the tour of their Ricochet album. That was one of my favourite albums for a long time.
elassi wrote:Total dissolution throughout the (non-existing) evolvement of this opus but nonetheless: a thrilling voyage on a train of sound. :tu:
Now that is a review I can dig!! The composition was totally random and completely improvised, complete with random length chord patterns and non sensical phrasing in pure classical music terms. I would've failed a classical music exam if I submitted the score for this!!!
himalaya wrote:Perfection!

I'd say that the bass and pads are more reminiscent of JMJ, but the overall vibe is definitely Berlin School, very Klaus Shulze.

A very mature sound you've got there.
This track has inspired me to start work on a new album of 70s style electronic improvisations
Please notify us when it's completed.
Will do for sure.... and yeah, JMJ has also been a huge musical influence on me and continues to be so today. The very first electronic album I ever heard was Oxygene back in the early 80's. I can clearly recall hearing Oxygene 2 on a pair of Martin Logan electrostatic speakers through a very expensive tube amp and played from CD. It was the first time I heard a compact disc too and I was totally blown away! Oxygene 2 is STILL probably my all time favourite electronic track.
himalaya wrote:By the way, greets to another SY77 user. :-)
Cool stuff. Gotta love the SY77. I've made a ton of music on mine over the last two decades and have made a heap of patches for it too. A VERY highly underrated synth and one I have no plans to sell in a hurry.
squaredheads wrote:Relaxing and cool track! :)
Thanks heaps and great work on Nora so far. It was WELL worth the purchase for me and will be a staple in my work from now on.
seismic1 wrote:This most certainly ticks my Schulze/TD boxes very thoroughly indeed. The music itself is great, but it's the patches you have built which deliver the sound of authenticity.

Good work :tu:
Cheers Seismic1. Ever since playing around with a Juno 6 in the early 80's, synthesizers, for me, have been as much about creating the sound as they have writing and performing the music. In fact, I wasn't actually a keyboard player at all when I first became enthralled with the Juno. I was playing trumpet in my school concert band. The synth belonged to my school and my music teacher used to let me take it home and play with it over the weekends. My dad mentioned to me at one point that I should actually learn to play it so he and mum arranged to get me piano lessons and I've been playing keybaords as my primary instrument ever since.
I still have a Juno 6 and a Juno 106 in my rig too. It was only a few months ago that I did the now infamous Juno 106 acetone soak voice chip fix for a crackling VCF chip. The acetone trick worked a treat.
Teezdalien wrote:Fantastic. Going to have to dig into more of your work!
Cheers Teezdalien. I'll keep everyone up to date with the progress of the new album. I'm aiming to keep it all in a similar style.
annode wrote:Nicely made and performed. Thanks for the key changes. :) Enjoyed that.
The old F major to F minor trick. I borrowed that from JMJ ;)

Timfonie, Kryptonaut, Core, Phoenstorm, Phreaque, Ho66it, Frantz, Bftucker, Shabdahbriah and Yellukhan, thank you all very much for your kind feedback.

Oh, and Hidden Goose, I LOVE that signature.... "If it takes a week each day to walk a fortnight, the number of apples in a bunch of grapes is a banana the size of green."
Put a smile on my face that one!!

Nice tune, there's something hypnotizing in it.
I was working on BlueARP listening to it over and over several times )

graywolf2004 wrote:Nice tune, there's something hypnotizing in it.
I was working on BlueARP listening to it over and over several times )
Well there's a statement that puts a big smile on my face! I can work on further tunes for this album with the new version of BlueARP knowing that we are inspiring each other! :tu:
Love your work on BlueARP Graywolf. Great to see we also share a common desire to contribute freely to those who enjoy our work.

I've just recorded the second track for this new album and am about to write up a description of the instruments, techniques and FX I've used and will post it here on KVR. This time, I used a combination of software and hardware (vintage analog and digital). This is also my first track incorporating Diva for that classic Moog lead sound. More to come.....

For those who haven't seen it yet, here's the link to my second track for this album....
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 4&t=413329

Return to “Music Cafe”