Post your silly shit you wouldn't otherwise post.

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

nasenmann wrote:show some of your retarded musical babies. things you put some work into even though you probably should've just masturbated instead.

here's one. i even added a fadeout ending just for u guys! <3

is there a place on the net to upload and play loops? i got some really retarded loops too i think...

share away, no fears!
IRL lols. Nice work. :)

nvm

People are posting silly shit/crap
here on the forum anyway ...

so no need for such a thread imo

:-o

drumity wrote:People are posting silly shit/crap

:hug:
A bit harsh but your opinion :-)

Haha, great idea for a thread!

Here's an abandoned remix of Living On My Own by Freddie Mercury (the early 90s dance version). I made it entirely with looped microsamples of the first few bars of the original (except the kick and the hat). I ended up kicking it to the kerb as controlling the volume of the tiny looped samples was so heavily dependent on layer after layer of compression and the routing was becoming stupid and unworkable. The final straw was when an ancient Synthedit delay plug started crashing the project. I took it as an omen. Note that it's linked from my 'crap/unfinished stuff' Soundcloud, not my main one. My main one is (mostly) my crap finished stuff :P

https://soundcloud.com/chqtestsubjects/ ... ving-on-my

A composer is a guy who goes around forcing his will on unsuspecting air molecules, often with the assistance of unsuspecting musicians. - FZ

MFXxx wrote:nvm
Where did your links go mate....i really liked the vocal sample in the first, wanted to listen again.

Repost plz! Or do i need to post way more retarded shit before you can ease up :hihi:

There's no real need for this whole forum at all, if you ask me.
It's fun though.

some abandoned stuff, of varying silliness:
Imagesilly. fun bassline. meh.
Imagethe kind of cutesy breakbeat i used to do more of, not that appealing anymore.
Imagecool loop to begin with, then deviated into masturbation. i just wrapped it up with more randomness. kinda fun.

nasenmann wrote:
MFXxx wrote:nvm
Where did your links go mate....i really liked the vocal sample in the first, wanted to listen again.

Repost plz! Or do i need to post way more retarded shit before you can ease up :hihi:
Too much bickering and way oft.
Last edited by MFXxx on Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nasenmann wrote:some abandoned stuff, of varying silliness:

Imagethe kind of cutesy breakbeat i used to do more of, not that appealing anymore.
cool loop to begin with, then deviated into masturbation. i just wrapped it up with more randomness. kinda fun.
Actually the first half of this I like, but then the loop is one of my fav's :) (I refer to House Party 1 where Kid and Play used it in the movie)

MFXxx wrote:

:hug:
A bit harsh but your opinion :-)
There was no intention to be harsh at all,
just speaking out what I think for quite some time ;-)

(( D ))

nasenmann wrote:

There's no real need for this whole forum at all, if you ask me.
It's fun though.
I wouldn´t go that far ;-)
But the quality is decreasing everywhere anyway,
so that´s ok.
But you´re right, it can be fun :!:

(( D ))

Evidently people are caring less and less about the Music Cafe, which is probably a product of overpopulation.

That definitely plays into it...

That, and listening being another discipline. Doesn't come easily to everyone, even if you have the time.
I made a habit of listening to stuff on here regularily, couple months back, for a while. I'm not naturally interested in all the music out there, but found that if i give it some time and patience, it becomes more interesting. It doesn't even always matter if i find the posted piece awesome personally...sometimes it can be rewarding enough to just get a sense of what the musician is going for, and leave some impressions.
Also found a few pieces i really loved.

But well, i dropped it again. Haven't had anything to post myself for that matter.
I noticed back then that seismic listened to so much and always left a little feedback...usually more impression than critique based.
This here is a small ecosystem, one person can make a noticeable difference.

This thread is just a little experiment on opening up the sharing space a bit...i'm kind of interested in abandoned ideas and musical dead ends. Naturally, everyone wants to show off his most creative and polished efforts. Can be fun to turn that upside down for once, no?

Return to “Music Cafe”