Ganymede's Inertia - ElectroProg (Seismic Convection)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

TrekStar wrote:...ah good ol' Ganymed!
I liked how the tune evolves. the different melody lines come up and disappear again. all tasteful put together! also a cool outro.

thanks for posting

wolf
Thanks very much for listening and commenting, wolf. Glad you liked it :)

That outro was a late bolt-on addition. Fortunately, it seemed to work out quite well.

drumity wrote:Tim !
After a stressful and fulfilling day this is an excellent piece
to get down.
There are some "old" sounding synth sounds - remembers me of
"Monkey Island" :D
What a flashback of this awesome game ...
... but you combined those sounds with modern vibes.
Nicely done my friend !

(( D ))
Hey Daniel. Really glad you enjoyed this and that it helped you to relax. Thanks very much for listening and commenting :)

This one features some old VSTis and a few newer ones. It's nice to mix things up a little.

The next track really can't be classed as chillout :wink:
Last edited by seismic1 on Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mushy Mushy wrote:Oh boy I enjoyed this immensely.

Those snares early on in the piece :love:
Thanks very much for listening, Mushy Mushy. Glad you liked it :)

snares courtesy of Construct.

Where to start?
This is a really enjoyable piece. A simple intro, then layers smoothly blending in. Especially like the use of those choir sounds :phones:
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

The production is super clear. The mood is chill. Liking it :)

folderol wrote:Where to start?
This is a really enjoyable piece. A simple intro, then layers smoothly blending in. Especially like the use of those choir sounds :phones:
Thanks for listening, and for the great comments, folderol. Glad you enjoyed it :tu:

EVM Ultrasonique generated the choir sounds on here. I've used a 'tron on my next but one piece, which also has a choir.

Very organic athmosphere this has. I like the smooth mellow piano sound and the hypnotic slowness. Was not so keen on the choir samples first, but after all everything integrated well. Well done, thanks! :)
Symphony Nr.1
Meet the Cities Repair Team Unimportant laughter
music has become meaningless...we just keep doing it

the only thing that struck here after a couple of listens was: maybe the lead instrument(s) could bemore dynamic, volume-wise; recede a bit more here and there, then return a bit?

Jesse Gorter wrote:The production is super clear. The mood is chill. Liking it :)
Thanks very much for listening and commenting, Jesse. Very glad you like it :)

thomekk wrote:Very organic athmosphere this has. I like the smooth mellow piano sound and the hypnotic slowness. Was not so keen on the choir samples first, but after all everything integrated well. Well done, thanks! :)
Thanks very much for the listen and the comments, thomekk. Glad you liked it :)

Maybe the choir should come down by 1 or 2 dB. I'll probably remix this later in the year so I'll add this to the to-do list.

mrblitz wrote:the only thing that struck here after a couple of listens was: maybe the lead instrument(s) could bemore dynamic, volume-wise; recede a bit more here and there, then return a bit?
Thanks very much for listening and commenting, mrblitz.

More food for thought. I think you may be on to something. When I remix this, I'll take a look at this.

Agh!!!

I am writing a project on a 2020 mission to Ganymede, and I need to write extensively about Ganymede's seismology and tectonic inertia. All I could find on google was this link... which is a song.. aghhhhhhhhhh

I've been rumbled :-D

I came up with the title after reading Ganymede's Wikipedia page. With my forum name, how could it be otherwise?

Things could never be the same after TMA-1

Dave? Dave?

Return to “Music Cafe”