Joyful Noise - Brazilian Circus Disco (Psychedelic Trance)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Check out my new track:

https://soundcloud.com/joyful_noise1/jo ... ian-circus

Share your thoughts/opinions. I would love to hear some criticism and improve my skills!

Thanks

Kooky. Not yer standard tarnce. Lots of traditional Latin dance elements. Did you write this from scratch or did you use a Samba MIDI as a starting point?

The mix seems off. Not enough bass. The sounds seem distant.

Frantz wrote:
The mix seems off. Not enough bass.
I agree. This also makes it kinda harsh in the upper frequencies imo.

Thank you both for taking the time!
Frantz wrote:Kooky. Not yer standard tarnce. Lots of traditional Latin dance elements. Did you write this from scratch or did you use a Samba MIDI as a starting point?

The mix seems off. Not enough bass. The sounds seem distant.
I had to look up kooky :) I take the not sounding like standard tarnce as a good thing :)

I wrote all rhythms and melodies myself, quickly, not much thought/time went into making them.
No_Use wrote:
I agree. This also makes it kinda harsh in the upper frequencies imo.
The frequency imbalance is an issue. It might be improved with som eq'ing to some degree but the problem is the sounds. Next time I will use more balanced set of instruments/sounds.

janlonden wrote:I take the not sounding like standard tarnce as a good thing :)
Yes, for me.
janlonden wrote:I wrote all rhythms and melodies myself, quickly, not much thought/time went into making them.
That's good. Now you need to work on sound design and mixing in order to make this more listenable.

Frantz wrote:Now you need to work on sound design and mixing in order to make this more listenable.
Yes I will work on that. But this track will have to stay like it is. It's time for a new track.

When you said the sounds seem distant, could that be simply due to too much reverb?

janlonden wrote: When you said the sounds seem distant, could that be simply due to too much reverb?
There's some unnecessary reverb but there are also a lot of weird, squelchy, high frequency sounds that won't be improved by just reducing reverb.

You should probably find a reference record that you think is well mixed and compare it to yours.

I cut some of the high end off with a high shelf. Much less harsh now.

What do you think?

Return to “Music Cafe”