Not Merkin - The Ambient Adventure [Chill/Ambient Track] Criticism greatly accepted!

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey!

[At the time of writing this i have stayed up until early morning because of the timezone differences to have a better chance of this being noticed, so forgive my typos also because english is not my native language.]

My name is Robin Gustafsson or ''Not Merkin'', i am 15 years old and i live in the southern parts of Finland. I have been producing as a hobby since February 2013. I can't really say that i produce a certain kind of genre because i really just try to make whatever music i like to listen to and whatever i'm in the mood of at the time]

So the story behind this track; I got really tired of all the unwritten ''rules'' for making electronic music, the whole ''verse-chorus-verse-chorus-bridge-chorus''-structure and other bullshit you hear in some mainstream tracks nowadays. One of my big influences (among many other) is Pretty Lights. The way he produces and the tracks he has are very special and maybe not everybodys taste.

I have tried countless times to make a chill, ambient track [Hence the name ''The Ambient Adventure''] to just sort of close your eyes and fly away to but i've always sort of put a barrier to my self because of the ''societys'' taste in music, and what i think people want to hear.

My point is that i made something that i want to hear, and not give in to what other people want. That said, i hope there is someone who reads this and listens to this track, and likes it/gives constructive criticism/tips for my future tracks.

(Sorry for long post, here is the track)

Peace and love from finland :phones: <3 //Not Merkin

https://soundcloud.com/notmerkin/not-me ... -adventure

Imaginative and enjoyable. A solid first effort. The mix was very good. :tu:

I would like to hear a version without the kick drums. I think it would be more floaty without the steady kicks grounding it.

Thank you very much! And thanks for that tip :)

Just realized that the third note in the bassline is flat... wow that is embarrassing i don't understand how i didn't hear that earlier...

Return to “Music Cafe”