Evil speak & spell

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Okay, just keep in mind that you ought not to listen to this if you value your time. Also, even if the thought of an evil speak & spell thrills you, be prepared for a major let down as the track in fact contains absolutely no speak & spell nor any evil of any sort.

It does however provide a plentiful supply of random beeps.

https://soundcloud.com/aciddose/evil-speak-spell

If you happen to be very, very bored; Might I suggest that you take this track (I've enabled download on soundcloud) and add a horrible 808 and some breaks as well as various samples in whatever format you like. In fact rather than an 808 you can add the sound of a cat-fight and some cans rattling in an alleyway. Unfortunately I've been too lazy to do this myself.
Free plug-ins for Windows, MacOS and Linux. Xhip Synthesizer v8.0 and Xhip Effects Bundle v6.7.
The coder's credo: We believe our work is neither clever nor difficult; it is done because we thought it would be easy.
Work less; get more done.

It does have evil vibes, to my ears, so you shouldn't feel too bad about misrepresentation. My favourite part is the section from 1:10-2:10 where you have what may be a panning delay.

Good work :)

Interesting...what effects have been used for the filter/delay and other?

It's just a 24 lowpass with typical saturation / overdrive into a slightly modulated typical ping-pong delay.

Xhipeffects "mdelay" for the delay and a Xhipeffects limiter over the top.

It is the pure oscs/filter other than that though. The filter isn't yet released although I'd argue it's nothing special. You could get very close with existing plugins.

The oscs are a mixture of minblep syncs and thru-zero xmod, which is the source of most of the timbre. Unison of a few voices too.

I've got the phaser in there for a bit as well :)

Ah yeah, also of course soundcloud burns the timbre in a supernova of excessive compression artifacts.

http://www.speedyshare.com/Q3upp/foolean.mp3

This seems to work although make sure you don't download the ridiculous "download manager". You know the drill. Click on the same link multiple times and it'll give you the file instead, eventually.
Free plug-ins for Windows, MacOS and Linux. Xhip Synthesizer v8.0 and Xhip Effects Bundle v6.7.
The coder's credo: We believe our work is neither clever nor difficult; it is done because we thought it would be easy.
Work less; get more done.

This is a really fun listen. The dynamics are razor sharp - all angular swells and punch. I get more acid vibes than S+S from this. I may have had a little dance while sitting in my computer chair. :P

Return to “Music Cafe”