42 Minute Youtube video of Aalto CM Improv

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Decided to do a modular jam with Aalto CM and make some techno style patterns.

Everything was pretty much an improv. I'm still learning a ton about modular synthesis, but I want to learn it enough i can do live performances with them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJnkrtNANYY

It's amazing what you can do with just one voice in Aalto. I kind of wish I had a dedicated midi controller to map stuff to though..

All this needs is a TR9O9, TR8O8..

Note: I use a program on my mac called Telestream ScreenFlow 3 If anyone is wondering what I use to capture my screen and audio.

http://www.telestream.net/screenflow/overview.htm

Definitely worth a purchase if you like to share your work! The entire video I captured came to about 2GB of data using their awesome compression algorithms.
Last edited by V0RT3X on Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
:borg:

Cool :tu:
Sound C loud
Band C amp
Clicks and pops is all I get

sbj wrote:Cool :tu:

there is a dedicated MIDI controller for Aalto in software (Lemur). However, the connections (cables) have to be set in the Aalto GUI.

With this controller, I've done many 40-minute sessions with Aalto. Great softsynth, one of the best available. And I've played a lot with the one-voice version until I finally bought the full version. Definitely worth the money if you like unusual sounds and direct access to change it. It's a good live instrument if you can't afford a real Buchla system.

Thats class mate... Alto is an amazing synth deserves a lot more credit.
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

Phil999 wrote:there is a dedicated MIDI controller for Aalto in software (Lemur). However, the connections (cables) have to be set in the Aalto GUI.

With this controller, I've done many 40-minute sessions with Aalto. Great softsynth, one of the best available. And I've played a lot with the one-voice version until I finally bought the full version. Definitely worth the money if you like unusual sounds and direct access to change it. It's a good live instrument if you can't afford a real Buchla system.

Yah it's a incredible synthesizer. When i get a Ipad I will definitely need to pick up Lemur! I am thinking of setting up a session in live and use clip automation to do a bunch of changes in Live per clip. I'll experiment with it and see how well it works :tu:

Robmobius wrote:Thats class mate... Alto is an amazing synth deserves a lot more credit.
It truly is! I love Madrona Labs software, i think it's truly a labor of love on the developers part and you can tell he truly set out to create a good musical instrument.

Return to “Music Cafe”