AK-8

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Korg Polysix (Pads and Bass), Fantom XR (Piano), Nord Lead 3 (Leads), mixed and mastered on Ableton Live 8:

https://soundcloud.com/valentinobosi/ak-8

Lots of ideas here. Some sections are very good, others are just OK. Definitely not boring but not really satisfying either.

The mid frequency range is unpleasantly emphasized on some synth sounds.

I mixed the track on a single (mono) avantone speaker. That may be the reason for the overly detailed and prominent mid freq content.

Thank you for the comment Frantz!

Cheers,
DP75

DP75 wrote:I mixed the track on a single (mono) avantone speaker. That may be the reason for the overly detailed and prominent mid freq content.
You mixed on one of these little things? Why?

Exactly, same color, as well! :)

I usually work with earphones (recordings, production & premix).
This time I wanted all the parts to be clearly audible on that little speaker.
Thus, I had to change eq and automations I made before (using the earphones) to get all parts souding clear on the Avantone.
That was fun, in the end.
And to be honest I am not completely disappointed by the result. The synth sounds are almost raw (I added delays and gates).

echo frantz, this was somewhat bipolar to me, like a couple of sound demos joined together end to end.
but the mix came over just ok... some EQing on some sounds to make them mesh better in the mix.
could be the result of trying to mix on a single tweeter speaker, get some good phones man! :phones: :x
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

It was indeed an experiment.

Thank you for listening, Layerz ;)

Return to “Music Cafe”