October Contest: Gossip

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

And here we are again.
No longer a moderator.

C'mon folks! No gossip?

What are you folks thinking about doing for this month's theme?

- Whale sounds?
- The evils of the deep?
- Hunt for Red October?
- Peaceful tropical waters?

I might even have to submit something this month!
Time is an illusion - lunchtime doubly so.

Maybe a little bit of everything you've mentioned there, and some other stuff. This is definitely a good theme for incorporating ocean sound recordings.

Obvious, and a favoured song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6Aw8NR8SoY

(hope it's ok copyrightwise to post this)

Not sure if I will bring something up, but a good theme in any case.
Symphony Nr.1
Meet the Cities Repair Team Unimportant laughter
music has become meaningless...we just keep doing it

I'm hoping to do something based on an imagined descent from the surface to the depths, but I think it's going to be hard to cram the whole journey into 3 minutes!

kryptonaut wrote:I'm hoping to do something based on an imagined descent from the surface to the depths, but I think it's going to be hard to cram the whole journey into 3 minutes!
I think you are right - it is going to have to be either a crash dive, or a really shallow ocean!
Time is an illusion - lunchtime doubly so.

Got one idea brewing - "Vongfong"

We've got a 'super typhoon' headed our way this weekend - named Vongfong: http://www.jma.go.jp/en/typh/
It's currently off the south islands of Japan expected to make landfall soon, though it may not actually come near Tokyo where I am.

Anyway, this got me thinking - why bother taking a journey to the bottom of the ocean when the ocean can come to you. :wink:

Some field recording could be in order in the next couple of days.

I think I'll try an entry with no guitar (though don't hold me to that), and I'll be watching some Alien Deep with Bob Ballard DVDs for inspiration (I hope).
No longer a moderator.

My entry shall take you all on a journey down to and through a shipwreck this month.

In with "Too many fish in the sea" which is not actually the case. Climate change , pollution and unsustainable fishing practices are responsible for the disappearance of too many species . Because of the lesser visibility oceans are even more abused by mankind than the rest of the globe.

Hey Dan, a question!

I'll try to find time and make a symphonic entry played in real-time.

Is it allowed also to post a video of the performance in the Submissions thread?

(It's a part of preparations for a small live show sometime about Christmas, and I've found that recording yourself is a good exercise at beating stage fright :) )

Cheers Matt
Every time you use autotune, God kills a kitten.
Please, think of the kittens.

How about putting the video in the gossip thread and just the audio in the submissions thread?
No longer a moderator.

Check!

Not going to make it again I'm afraid :cry:
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

I'm in :) And here's how it was done. You can see my Samsung phone glued to the left side of the middle keyboard that's running a stopwatch (to know when to turn back :) )
Cheers Matt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ohpmA4n9LE

Return to “Music Cafe”