Zero Sum Game - A trip hop experiment...

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

A new composition effort after a year. Man I've forgotten so much...

https://soundcloud.com/kutayguler/zero-sum-game

Comments are much appreciated, especially on production quality...

And here're some tips... I've recorded the guitars with my Schecter Omen 6 - FR through a zoom processor. The signal was clean only with slight chorus. I've later used a really clean blues patch from Guitar Rig 5. I also double tracked a staccato-ish track and modulated the volume so It comes and goes. Later added the reverb and delay, standard stuff. In the chorus section I added slight distortion to the guitars to change the vibe a bit...

Recording pianissimo guitars was tough. Being punctual and sustaining a homogeneous tone is very challenging even though it looks easy. Also I had to record the whole track on the same sitting, because even the slightest change on picking location changed the tone quality dramatically. This was something I've known for years but never experienced such an impact. Maybe it's due to this particular effects chain, I don't know...

The bass is Fender Deluxe Bass patch from Trilian. Just tried to imitate the bass sound from some Earth Wind and Fire tracks. I applied reverb only on the higher frequencies of the bass via a parallel track...

The rest is pretty much standard practice... shoot any questions you have I'll be more than happy to answer. Enjoy... --- K.

Great sound. I liked the guitars, drums and the various keyboards on here, but that Trillian bass sound was great. It had a deep low-end "whump" but a nice clear tone in the low-mids. It gelled well with the kick. Great piece of music too.

Good work :)

Enjoyed that, I listened a few times. :tu:
Has a feel of The Cure about it. The mix sounds good and clean to me, although I'm not really an expert in such things!

ty!-
will listen again.
edit>> gee- I said something that didn't seem apparent on second listen.
Will try to come back with production focussed comment

Return to “Music Cafe”