Get 'em lazy bastards do somethin (Jazz)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

A Jazz thing this time. With some furious parts.

http://www.musik-und-text.de/wordpress/archives/814

Instruments:
NI Piano + Battery, Mr Ray, MilesTone, Xoxos Elder Thing & some live Bongos
Symphony Nr.1
Meet the Cities Repair Team Unimportant laughter
music has become meaningless...we just keep doing it

I like the ideas. The brass, the drums, and the bass sound very good. At times, though, the piano has to carry the piece, and as such I'd like it to be a little punchier or more aggressive to sustain the energy built up by the rest of the arrangement.

Thanks for the listening and the input, nineofkings
and hmm - tried to keep it all in a one place live-combo feeling, but slight distortion in cases on the clean piano could have changed some bits - that's true.
Symphony Nr.1

cutty mean bump
Symphony Nr.1

Cool work man! I rarely hear this style on this or any of the forums I visit and I was really pleased with your music :-)

The drums have a really good shuffle and live jazz feel. There are some elements mixed in that really set it apart from a live jazz ensemble, but you still captured that feel in the mix/composition. Great sounding horns too!

Cheers!

Hey, thanks!

in this case I just wanted to do something in the style of the early Lounge Lizards with a grain of Miles. Stop: There was no intention, the piano line was the imperator. And so it went on.
With some sound fx too
Still love this kind of "wild" jazz. So maybe it's hommagical or so. Not the music I'm doing otherwise, but I'm still eclectic which makes it hard for the people.

Glad you took a listen. :wink:
Symphony Nr.1

Very cool piece, thomekk. I love the part around the 3:30 mark where all hell breaks loose. The part around the 2:30 mark was the only part that bothered me a little - I felt like I wanted something more for the piano to do there. But in general, really well done, with a good balance between the different instruments in your combo.

davidstiles wrote:Very cool piece, thomekk. I love the part around the 3:30 mark where all hell breaks loose. The part around the 2:30 mark was the only part that bothered me a little - I felt like I wanted something more for the piano to do there. But in general, really well done, with a good balance between the different instruments in your combo.
Thanks for the listening David,

especially glad that you liked the furious part, which was the core idea after the initial piano. Everything else developed around. And for the 2:30 mark, yeah I understand what you think, if I was a real piano player would have been eventually more colourful, so it was the expedient way.
cheers :)
Symphony Nr.1

Furious, indeed. Much enjoyed. Thanks, thomekk.
No longer a moderator.

Thanks a lot.
Symphony Nr.1

Return to “Music Cafe”