Orchestral Piece "Kuiper Belt Object"

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello everyone,

This is a short orchestral piece that I put together with sampled instruments. If you have any comments or critiques, I would love to hear them!

https://soundcloud.com/davidstiles/kuiper-belt-object

Hey David. Excellent piece here. I love it when I find cool stuff like this to kind of break up the usual vibe of most stuff posted. I am about to wrap up an album that is mostly piano/strings with a smattering of wind and brass. Do you mind sharing what piano and what orchestral samples you used?
For streaming and free music downloads visit http://kennethrobertsmusic.com/

Thanks, BassMasterK. I'm glad you enjoyed it. And sure, I'd be happy to tell you what samples I used. The piano is NI's The Giant, which I find to be one of the most adaptable piano libraries out there. The strings are all 8Dio. The violas are from the Adagio Violas library, and all the other string sections are from Adagietto. The flute is 8Dio's Claire Alto Flute, and the glockenspiel is from Impact Soundworks' great new Rhapsody Orchestral Percussion Essentials. There's also a tiny bit of Cinesamples' HollywoodWinds in there, and a xylophone from the Kontakt 5 factory library.

Thanks for posting this.
Very good! I like the distinct impressionist enigmatic feeling this has. It develops slowly and tensious with lots of unexpected harmonic turns.
The small dissonant movements make it delicious. Yeah - and the title gave me something to learn :)
Symphony Nr.1
Meet the Cities Repair Team Unimportant laughter
music has become meaningless...we just keep doing it

Glad you enjoyed it, thomekk. And thank you for listening! I had definitely been wondering how people would respond to the dissonant aspects, so I'm glad to hear that you feel it works well.

Nice piece and nice orchestral samples. The beginning reminded me a little bit of Poulenc's music for flute and piano.

:clap:

Thanks, rp314! And that's an interesting thought about Poulenc. I'll have to listen to some of his stuff for flute and piano.

It's nice music. I think the mix is very good; however I feel you could attend more to the space instruments occupy. The flute is gigantic, for instance.

Beautifully put together David. Enjoyed it a lot! :-)
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

Thanks, jancivil. And I do see what you mean about the huge presence of the flute - I might have allowed it a bit too much space.

And thanks, Allomerus! Glad you enjoyed it!

Return to “Music Cafe”