makunouchi bento - Lighthouse Stories EP out now

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

our new EP is out now.
http://makunouchibento.bandcamp.com/alb ... se-stories

These are the stories the Lighthouse entrusts to us.
These are the stories we lodge with you.
You alone are caretaker of these stories now.

In the middle of the unfathomable summer of 1999 our two kids from Makunouchi Bento, pupils back then, found themselves thrown together in a summer camp. The camp was held in a disposed lighthouse, somewhere near Bergen, Norway. The shell of the lighthouse was old, so old that everybody saw it as part of the landscape, a painted errection in the fabric of the place.

The lighthouse meat was not bricks or stones, as you might think, but old smoking pipes, retired smoking pipes, donated kindly by the sailors of Seven Seas. It was a lighthouse like no other: at every gust of wind, this lighthouse was spreading exotic tobacco aromas and was whistling like a bunch of healthy green sailors at a passing blonde. It was a lighthouse that unfolded stories without inhaling pause, a contraption that gave birth to unimaginable fluttered adventures for those who know how to listen.

At this point, we must admit openly: until we reached this camp, we were guitarophobes! With such fury and passion as only a child can be. But everything changed when an old sailor has taught us that rum and coke flavour could be highly enhanced if you dip a guitar headstock in the glass and even the guitar sounds better a few hours after this secret manoeuvre. Therefore, this EP contains guitar splinters. It's our treat, for everyone!

From this very lighthouse we harvested 3 rounded stories, the stories included in this EP. It took us a long time to recall them and share them with you, but that happened because with any story comes great responsibility: the lighthouse stories are travelling with a curse in their tail, a very vague and reasonable danger after all. And it goes like this: every creature who hears the story to the end is required to spread the story to 6 more people at least! (this is likely to be only a mere camp legend, concocted and perpetuated by young naive minds, but we didn't want to take the risks). Him who does not spread the story suffers a vile faith: he won't be able to wash or touch the water and whistle in the same time for all his blessed days. Thus, we can assume that he will end sullen and stinky, without friends and destitute of the great inscrutable joy of whistling this (or any other) little sea shanty in the shower:

one two, build a crew.
three four, sail some more.
five six, pipes and sticks.
seven eight, sharks to hate.
nine ten, sail again!

^bump

Remind Me the best avantgarde King Crimson era and various David Sylvian projects, congrats and good luck! ;-)

thank you Turello:) good references!:)

Just played Mariner's Staircase Swing. Very nicely recorded. I liked Turello's description and the way you have merged glitch with the more traditional sounds of a three-piece band.

Good work :)

seismic1:
thanks. I would call it many names, including:
"Scofield gets high on Haribo bears in a summer camp"
:)

Just listened to this for the second time. Enjoyed it a good deal. On first listen, "Telegrams..." was my favorite, this time it was "From Mortise..."

Thank you.

P.S.-What will the curse do to those of us who are already sullen and stinky?
No longer a moderator.

DH Miltz:
glad you like our one month soul result.
I dont know what the curse will do in this case, don't remember any kid to talk about this if-case.
but I could only suppose that it will do the opposite!:) will make you clean and shiny and you will look like a guy from any Advert Channel.
I hope that won't happen to you, sir.:)

Makunouchi Bento - Lighthouse Stories EP was made free.
http://makunouchibento.bandcamp.com/
enjoy and spread the word

Return to “Music Cafe”