January Contest: Gossip

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

musicjock - I don't believe there is any bias against newcomers nor have ever seen it. There might have been a few extra points earned based on some participant's reputation every now and then but nothing that would drastically change chart positions (IMO). I'm not familiar with your actual case in 2007 though

On the other note - what's with half the folks withdrawing their entries this month?

Cheers Matt
Every time you use autotune, God kills a kitten.
Please, think of the kittens.

Aziraphal wrote:On the other note - what's with half the folks withdrawing their entries this month?
Yeah I was wondering that too. Is it just because the Camel Audio prize has been withdrawn? :(
Or is there something else going on?

Wow! I've been here a few years now, and never seen that happen before.

My only response to that is I will definitely put something in this month - even if it just
dum ching dum ching dum ching ching dum
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

kryptonaut wrote:
Aziraphal wrote:On the other note - what's with half the folks withdrawing their entries this month?
Yeah I was wondering that too. Is it just because the Camel Audio prize has been withdrawn? :(

That would be strange reason since they already made the track.

Not sure about why Shane Sanders withdrew his entry, but robojam withdrew his because he left KVR (for reasons you can discover easily enough if you're interested but which I'd rather not have hashed over in this thread) and Mister Natural withdrew his for reasons unrelated to Camel Audio (beyond that I won't say; no big dark mystery or anything, just respecting the P in PM).
No longer a moderator.

I'm In :hyper:

It's amazing what abandoned snippets you find in the darkest corners of your hard drive :D
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

This january/2015 have been a really sad time. The Charlie Hebdo's attack in my birthday, Camel Audio out of business and all those withdrawed submissions. I just have to thank people from Camel, the Alchemy is a great synth and their support is very good. Music hardware and software business is a risk, and every year there are some great company getting broke. Well, I hope things will get better, and good luck for the folks that didn't withdraw their submissions. :D

I'm determined to get something done for this, but it is looking like it will be short, not especially liked by me, and/or of dubious relation to the theme.
No longer a moderator.

Yeah, I'm in the same spot as Dan... working on something that I might not especially like, but there's still a few days left to see if I can rescue it. I'm pretty sure I'll submit,though.

Also hoping to get something done - as above, a slightly tenuous relation to the theme but 'work out' implies stretching things. :wink: If nothing else, it will capture the sound of sprained ligaments.

A little late to the party, but I've posted my entry. I actually started working on it pretty much as soon as the theme was announced and almost completely forgot about it for weeks.

Anyway, it's in and good luck everyone!

So I have a basic sketch, but it's incomplete and I'm just not happy with it. Oh well, maybe I'll procrastinate less next month.

Well I submitted something but it's more of an oblique reference to the theme than music to actually work out to, unless work out includes mental exercise. Just wanted to use the terrible pun of the title :)

Submissions thread is locked, voting thread is up.

Next month:
February Animal Writing Month

This month you are asked to submit an entry which represents an animal (real or mythic).
No longer a moderator.

D.H. Miltz wrote: Next month:
February Animal Writing Month

This month you are asked to submit an entry which represents an animal (real or mythic).
:hyper:

Return to “Music Cafe”