Breathe, and They May Hear You - ElectroProg (Seismic Displacement)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

More dismal sounds from the Seismic Studio. Hot on the heels of the light and airy "Fools Rush In" is this catchy little number featuring a paucity of drum machines but a tasty little reverb. I decided to ditch the Compressor and Limiter for this one and built a stripped-down mastering chain.

EDIT:20220722 removed mp3 link

as a Cloud-based lamentation:-

https://soundcloud.com/whatsisname/brea ... y-hear-you

Articles and Accessories:-

recorded/mixed and pre-mastered in EnergyXT2.7

Tassman4
DominatorCM
Oatmeal
B2
Stereoizer3
Satin
T-Racks Linear Phase EQ
T-Racks Vintage Equalizer

DR - 12

Edit 20150201: Remastered with a 0.6dB cut at 290Hz, a tiny boost (0.2dB) at 100Hz and a 0.3dB cut at 20Hz - replaced on SoundCloud

Edit 20150216: EQ cuts on a couple of synths. Tightened HPF on all instruments and reverbs. Re-levelled all channels - re-mastered - replaced on SoundCloud

EDIT:20220909 Remixed in April 2022. I took the opportunity to revisit the reverb, levelling and EQ, and then mastered in T-Racks5 with a view to a future album release (maybe in late 2022).

https://soundcloud.com/whatsisname/brea ... ks5-master

Recorded and mixed in EnergyXT 2.7
Mastered in T-Racks 5

Tassman4
DominatorCM
Oatmeal
B2
Stereoizer3
EQuivocate
Satin
T-Racks Linear Phase EQ
T-Racks Vintage Equalizer

DR - 12
Last edited by seismic1 on Fri Sep 09, 2022 8:22 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Wow, Tim! So dark and heavy. Absolutely gorgeous, really enjoyed it! :tu:
Image Image

Relaxing and just so slightly menacing at the same time, well worth the time until the relieving last minute. Fine work, and a suitably tender mix too 8)

I just have one more thing to say :
Tim, you have to make more ambient tracks. :clap:

seismic1 wrote: a paucity of drum machines / decided to ditch the Compressor and Limiter for this one.
good decisions. :neutral:

all seriousness aside, I'm enjoying this.

Alias9593 wrote:I just have one more thing to say :
+ infinity.

I was waiting for the spaceship to fly through my window, or the alien abduction.
Sublime texture from start to finish.

Bravo :clap:
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

polyslax wrote:Wow, Tim! So dark and heavy. Absolutely gorgeous, really enjoyed it! :tu:
Hey, Matt. Thanks for listening and taking the time to comment. Glad you liked it :)

I stripped the "verse" from "Fools Rush In" and assigned it the role of "chorus" here after hearing what B2 could do with it.

I'm looking forward to moving into the multi-core world of EnergyXT3 with some of this stuff in the very near future. At this rate I may migrate to 64-bit by the end of the decade :wink:

solemn , and inevitable ...

I'm not going to start breaking this down into plugins/equipment/technique and destroy the magic. I will just simply say this is very, very good dark ambient my friend. Would happily rotate this my Thomas Koner, Deathprod and Lull cd's. Top work :) DO MORE!
Mastering from £30 per track \\\
Facebook \\\ #masteredbyloz

It has a rich, 'thick' sound that isn't overly thick or squashed sounding. The mix is right.

epiphaneia wrote:Relaxing and just so slightly menacing at the same time, well worth the time until the relieving last minute. Fine work, and a suitably tender mix too 8)
Thanks very much for listening. I really appreciate the great comments :)

You seem to be moving more and more into the realm of soundtracks.
Nice suspenseful vibe, I am waiting for something to jump out from around the corner.

In my office, I have these small monitors which are very good at judging dynamics.
I use them to master tracks for the web because they distort rather easily.

I find that if my mix sounds good on them, it will sound great on most systems.

At about 3/4 threw they are distorting on the lower mids.
Perhaps the dynamics in that range may need some tightening up.

Otherwise thumbs up on another great cut.

Sensational track Tim. It is breathing in a tense situation set as music. I can hear the breaths and the inherent tension through the music. This track is so 'visual' it conjures up images by it self. You have a perfect amount of instrumentation and space...

:) :tu:
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

Alias9593 wrote:I just have one more thing to say :
I certainly will. I want to complete at least four more by the end of the year. In between times I'll be doing a few other things :wink:

Thanks very much for listening and commenting. It is very much appreciated :)

This is very pure. I love the unforced approach to your theme. It works. The sounds are strong!

At a moment you feel it is pulling away, it comes back to you. Brilliant.

Return to “Music Cafe”