Allomerus - Air Conditioned Cages

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Air Conditioned Cages

A track about summer and being stuck at work in an office cage.

Cheers,
John

John Wegner: Guitar, Bass, Synths and Vocals.
Paul Wegner: Drums and Percussion.

https://soundcloud.com/a11omerus/air-conditioned-cages
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

Allomerus,
I currently work in an air conditioned cage; much better than an un-air conditioned cage in my opinion. Your audio quality is good. I like the lead synth (and sound effects), reminds me of Pink Floyd. I like the mellotron type of keyboards too. Your vocals remind me a bit of Joe Walsh or Randy Newman. Nice acoustic guitar: I can play my wife's a bit, but I find it difficult to sound good on it. Surprised by the jazzy brass sounds now. Like the 70's sound electric piano. I like the electric bass. Drums are fine. I might have made it shorter, though it is a very good tune and recording. :)
You can hear my original music at this link: https://www.soundclick.com/artist/defau ... dID=224436

Hi John,
what a great intro....with a very fine Canterbury-Synth :clap: ......and also the Brass-Section :tu: .....and the Guitar....and the Drums.....and the Voice......and....... :D

:tu: :tu:

All the best
M.

This one has quite a "dreamy" vibe. You know the drill. It's 15:30 on a Friday afternoon and you can't get away from the office until 18:00. The A/C is underperforming and the coffee machine broke down again. It's 75C outside and you just want to go to sleep, but there is some really important but mundane task which has to be completed before COB.

The opening 'tron fits the scene perfectly for the sleep-inducing, stifling air which pervades the atmosphere. Nice, relaxing lead synth too. I like the second section with the indoor and outdoor field-recordings combined with the soft, pleasant guitar interlude. Then we have the Crimsonesque section with the Brass leading into the finale where the lead synth is given pride of place. It all fits together very well and improves with repeated listening.

Good work :tu:

aaron aardvark wrote:Allomerus,
I currently work in an air conditioned cage; much better than an un-air conditioned cage in my opinion. Your audio quality is good. I like the lead synth (and sound effects), reminds me of Pink Floyd. I like the mellotron type of keyboards too. Your vocals remind me a bit of Joe Walsh or Randy Newman. Nice acoustic guitar: I can play my wife's a bit, but I find it difficult to sound good on it. Surprised by the jazzy brass sounds now. Like the 70's sound electric piano. I like the electric bass. Drums are fine. I might have made it shorter, though it is a very good tune and recording. :)
Hi Aaron,
Thanks for your listen and nice comments. Agree with you about un-airconditioned offices, we are about to finally get summer in Aust. and the air-conditioning will be gratefully received. It might surprise you to know that the initial version of this was 3 minutes longer. :o The jazzy brass is all guitar synth! 8)
Bandcamp

M.Brösel wrote:Hi John,
what a great intro....with a very fine Canterbury-Synth :clap: ......and also the Brass-Section :tu: .....and the Guitar....and the Drums.....and the Voice......and....... :D

:tu: :tu:

All the best
M.
Thanks M. Although I cannot play sax as well as you it is fun to make sax sounds on the guitar synth! Appreciate your listen and positive response. :)
Bandcamp

seismic1 wrote:This one has quite a "dreamy" vibe. You know the drill. It's 15:30 on a Friday afternoon and you can't get away from the office until 18:00. The A/C is underperforming and the coffee machine broke down again. It's 75C outside and you just want to go to sleep, but there is some really important but mundane task which has to be completed before COB.

The opening 'tron fits the scene perfectly for the sleep-inducing, stifling air which pervades the atmosphere. Nice, relaxing lead synth too. I like the second section with the indoor and outdoor field-recordings combined with the soft, pleasant guitar interlude. Then we have the Crimsonesque section with the Brass leading into the finale where the lead synth is given pride of place. It all fits together very well and improves with repeated listening.

Good work :tu:
Thanks Tim. I did want to make it just like you described. Dreamy Friday afternoon, drifting of and the stream of consciousness with the middle sections before being disturbed from the slumber for the ending... :) Glad you saw it that way. Thanks for all your comments and listens... :)
Bandcamp

Finally got round to this John... lovely, dialled back vibe with the haunting vocal fx and mellotron strings, great acoustic interlude and back home via the horns. Enjoyed the trip, thanks for this! 8)
Image Image

polyslax wrote:Finally got round to this John... lovely, dialled back vibe with the haunting vocal fx and mellotron strings, great acoustic interlude and back home via the horns. Enjoyed the trip, thanks for this! 8)
Hi Matt!
Glad you enjoyed it, it is a bit of a long trip, but then again so is a long hot summer's day. :) Had one of those today! Luckily it was the weekend and not stuck in an office... :party: Still, bit of a first world problem though. :?
Bandcamp

This is...catchy! Like the theme; the noisy breakdown, modems, phones & sirens...is a nice soundscape...guitar & birds...great track!
Do you know Grandaddy? slacker rock i guess, they had a sort of fatiguish album called sumday...it explored the same sort of I'm caught in a cubicle sentiment :) check out "The Group Who Couldn't Say" :)

Strong tune. Good lyrics with vivid imagery. :tu:

I thought the mix could be better. I often felt the top, melodic elements were quite loud (brass, voice, synth) and other parts seemed quiet and distant.

phoenstorm wrote:This is...catchy! Like the theme; the noisy breakdown, modems, phones & sirens...is a nice soundscape...guitar & birds...great track!
Do you know Grandaddy? slacker rock i guess, they had a sort of fatiguish album called sumday...it explored the same sort of I'm caught in a cubicle sentiment :) check out "The Group Who Couldn't Say" :)
Thanks phoenstorm! I haven't heard of Grandaddy but I gave the song a listen. Like it, great lyrics...
:)
Bandcamp

Frantz wrote:Strong tune. Good lyrics with vivid imagery. :tu:

I thought the mix could be better. I often felt the top, melodic elements were quite loud (brass, voice, synth) and other parts seemed quiet and distant.
Hi Frantz. Thanks for your listen and comments. I'll have another listen to it with fresh ears... :)
Bandcamp

Return to “Music Cafe”