Springtime Fantasia for Piano and Orchestra

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello everyone,

I just finished this fantasia-style piece for piano and orchestra, and I thought I would share it. Any comments and/or suggestions are very welcome, as always! I hope you enjoy it!

https://soundcloud.com/davidstiles/spri ... -orchestra

I really enjoyed this, how it opens very delicate and then takes on a more promising and forward character at the 50 second mark that I feel in many ways captures the very essence of spring. I think there is nice movement and development here, and on a more technical note I especially like the piano performance throughout the piece - is this played/recorded live?

I gave it a thumbs up on your soundcloud - thank you for sharing!

Thanks very much, onedove! Glad you especially liked the piano performance. The piano track is played rather than programmed, but it's not a live instrument. It's Soundiron's Montclarion Hall Grand Piano, which is an exceptionally good piano sample library for the price.

Nicely done. Subjectively speaking, it got more interesting for me from about the 3:00 mark on. I always like your samples but keep in mind that some of us go back to a time when a 4 bit sampler was considered revolutionary. :hihi:

:tu:

Beautiful track! lovely piano, and when the strings come in it becomes magic!

Thanks, rp314 and Camer138! I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Get out there and make some music for the games industry.

Very good.

this is skin tight, man. kudos!

A very expressive, wide ranging piece. Well done :tu:
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

Thanks, Proxima4, Xiangqi and folderol!

And Proxima4, I'm definitely thinking about trying to do some of that kind of work at some point, so I appreciate the encouragement!

I enjoyed this quite a bit. Thanks.
No longer a moderator.

This is great David! You certainly have the style down...
Sounds fabulous and flows beautifully.
Well done. :)
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

Very enjoyable. Great composition and a very clear mix, with a very "natural" sound.

Good work :)

Thanks very much Dan, Allomerus and seismic1! I'm glad you enjoyed listening to it.

this was outstanding good composed and very sensitive rendered/played. I have to admit that I'm Scratching my head whether These are sampled or real intruments. which libraries did you use for the woodwinds and the strings?

Big thumbs up! :party:

wolf

Return to “Music Cafe”