Omnisphere 2 Is HEAR!!! Via Midi Guitar Performance... :)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

One American guitar player to another, not sure how you got 'shredding (machine-gunning) from 'taking-off'. Just meant going off on a solo.Wanted to keep it simple, I understand...all is good. :) Considering the whole production ...video and performance mostly, having the finger style and not a solo,on top, I believe was the best way to show off Omnisphere 2.

Was pretty impressed with the Spectrasonics demo vid on Youtube!
Yeah, the synth section seemed pretty strong, that interested me.
I`m not one for using my midi guitar for other guitar sound emulation, I`ll just mic/DI my guitars and add effects. The same goes for string basses. But that`s just my thing.
I was very impressed with the ability to 'drop in' a self-sampled audio part into the 'granulation' section and mix up some strange brew! very cool.

I now know it is the Spectrasonics acoustic samples i`m not too keen on....but that`s just my taste and that I like to build my own. You said it above...you here Omnisphere in film. I don`t like those patches that seem dated after I hear a few people use them `cause they`re so recognizable. Sort of like an overexposed or over-typecast actor. Again, just my take on it.
Think I saw a lot of 'one key-note wonders' in the browser. I can`t stand that sort of of thing. Makes a joke out of producing music. Learning your instrument and making music should take time and effort. Packages like those are like making music with 'Lego'...let`s keep that lot in the preschools. ;) Sorry, seem to be very opinionated today. hah

Later on Chuck(les) :wink:
EDIT- I see I just broke 5000 posts. hahaha Celebration! :party: :party: :hug: :wink:
....................Don`t blame me for 'The Roots', I just live here. :x

Hey Barry....I'm feeling ya brother....I don't know...I am just really digging this update....regarding those one note wonder patches...actually....sometimes I like to play around with them and come up with interesting rhythmic patterns....but I get where you're coming from...just hit a note and everything is done for you? ...regarding the shredding....ok....solo then...yeah I don't know it is a bit contrived...you know? ...it is really just a simple guitar thingy like Black Bird by the Beatles....no solo there etc etc...playing solos takes allllot of practice and I don't always have the patience for them...and it's hard to cheat with midi correction-will realllllly sound stiff....etc etc....You should friend me on facebook....aaannnnyyyywwwhoooooo

thanks again dude!!!!! :)

any1particular wrote:Hey I'm an old guy? I'm allowed to bastardize EDM???!!!!!! :)
When I was your age EDM was called "disco." :lol:

This is more or less what I was saying when Omnisphere 2 was released and all the "These EDM sounds suck" shouting was going on. I find that outside the EDM context they can often be very useful, or a slight tweak away from being very useful and great sounding patches. I may be an old dude as well, but I'm not above learning something from a spring chicken every now and then... as long as they STAY OFF MY LAWN! :x
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Nice demo. :tu:

I'll leave the discussion regarding your age, whether you're the next Bill Frisell and other such controversial stuff to others. :wink:

Hey, I really dig this track! Its very dreamy, but with some interesting contrast from the staccato electronic elements. Being an old-ish guy myself, I relate this as sort of "dreampop meets IDM". I would love to hear a whole album of stuff like this.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

zerocrossing wrote:
any1particular wrote:Hey I'm an old guy? I'm allowed to bastardize EDM???!!!!!! :)
When I was your age EDM was called "disco." :lol:

This is more or less what I was saying when Omnisphere 2 was released and all the "These EDM sounds suck" shouting was going on. I find that outside the EDM context they can often be very useful, or a slight tweak away from being very useful and great sounding patches. I may be an old dude as well, but I'm not above learning something from a spring chicken every now and then... as long as they STAY OFF MY LAWN! :x

....hahahahahaha....yeah Mark and especially the 'STAY OFF MY LAWN'! Funny! And indeed if we can't learn something new from a 'spring chicken' we might as well be dead. I personally love love love 'some' EMD! Here in Detroit we have the highly esteemed Detroit Electronic Festival known as Movement (arguably considered THE electronic music festival) coming up at the end of this month May 2015.

http://movement.us/

I'll be there with my ear pluugs and ....um......cane? :)

deastman wrote:Hey, I really dig this track! Its very dreamy, but with some interesting contrast from the staccato electronic elements. Being an old-ish guy myself, I relate this as sort of "dreampop meets IDM". I would love to hear a whole album of stuff like this.
C0o! Thanks for the inspiration deastman! :) 'Dreampop meets IDM' yeah...I like that! :)

rp314 wrote:Nice demo. :tu:

I'll leave the discussion regarding your age, whether you're the next Bill Frisell and other such controversial stuff to others. :wink:
Hey (Wolf?) Thanks soooooooooo much! Bill Frisell is awesome isn't he? thanks again....:)

so, this is the old folks thread?
Good demo tune!

Wow...that 'Movement' webpage is peaking my CPU.haha (bedroom entertainment PC, not my workstation PC.)
Maybe you can get ticket discounts from AARP Chuck. :lol:
We USED to have an good EDM scene here in Philly, but some black on black gun play in some hip-hop clubs fixed it for the whole city. :(
Now we get a two day fest from Jay-Z 'Made in America' crap.
http://a.madeinamericafest.com/landing/ garbage.
We used to really have a good electronic dance scene here, but the hip-hop scene f**ked it all up for everybody yrs ago.
We all know what Detroit did for the techno/house scene. Praise be. I understand it`s still strong there.

BTW, What`s the popular club drugs these days? Used to be MDMA but that`s lost popularity I understand.

Hey...what are friends for. :hug:

A nice garden you have.
You can't always get what you waaaant...

annode wrote:
Hey...what are friends for. :hug:

...hahahahaha....that's pretty funny dude! ...in a pathological kind of way? Ha! :phones:

stanlea wrote:A nice garden you have.
Thanks for the laugh Stanlea....I needed that! ...oh and yeah....it's ...um.....organic!!!! ?????

...hahahahaha....that's pretty funny dude! ...in a pathological kind of way? Ha! :phones:
Not keen on you saying my sense of humor is pathological. :(
Also, do 50+ men, as I am, use the word 'dude' in Detroit? Pls don`t call me dude Chuck. Thanks.

Return to “Music Cafe”