Opinion on my many snippets of music?

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

So I decided to take all of the stuff I've worked on over the past year, (every song I can't finish), so I've simply exported the ones I have worked upon and put them in a neat directory for your feedback..
http://tompatrick.co.uk/music/mine/loops/ (i've called them loops because I seem to have been inflicted with a terrible disease that doesn't allow me to make a song for more than 1/2 bars - think flashbulb but much, much worse).

Happy to hear which ones you think are OK-ish?

Thanks.

Hello maudioradium,

I've seen you thread in the MT forum, and listened to a couple of snippets here.
Imho what you need to do is invest some time in learning basic harmony.
All the examples I listened to (the one in the theory forum + a couple here) revolve around 2 chords, then you repeat the progression.
I think a lack of familiarity / ease with chords is what is preventing the growth of your songs.

There's nothing wrong with the snippets I heard, if only that they stop after the first 'comma' (to make a language analogy). You could, if only as an exercise, use one of them as the 1st part of a phrase and force yourself to add two more chords to expand them to a 'full phrase' (to continue the analogy).
(not that there is anything wrong trying a two chords song ; you could also keep a 2-chords vamp, and as an exercise try to think of a melody that spans over 8 bars (for ex.) of it)

Don't get bogged down into details when what fails you is vocabulary (i.e. get more familiar with your building blocks : chords, ...)

Return to “Music Cafe”