[NINJAM] Fear Of Dentists

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

20150808-0906-edit01-pljones-unfretted-bear_scalpel
For something completely different from my previous post, here is an experimental excursion - and it's definitely some hard work listening. Personally, I still clearly find the musical value in it but I can see that might not be a commonly held view.

Me on drums (Native Instruments Abbey Road something or others and maybe some natural studio kit in the other edits, I forget...)
unfretted on noises
bear_scalpel on additional noises

I cut up the whole session's jam into five edits, at least in part to leave a break. The others are on my jams site if you're up to exploring further :).

Editing-wise, some heavy noise reduction took place (unfretted has some open mic stuff and the background low level noise doesn't in my judgement add anything), along with subsequent equally heavy level adjustments - so this sounds a bit less like the live jam did than some of my edits. I prefer to try to bring the detail out, though - it's what you noticed at the time and I think it makes for better listening later.

Hello pl jones,

I just listened your "life-experiment". I think it's funny and minimalistic - and
it's fun to listen to, it has elements of a radio drama. :wink:

andy enroe.
free mp3s + info: andy-enroe.de songs + weird stuff: enroe.de

enroe wrote:Hello pl jones,
Hi - thanks for listening!
enroe wrote:it has elements of a radio drama. :wink:
That's an interesting way of putting it. When I'm playing, it needs a different kind of imagination from "traditional" music - there's a lot more building of "scenes" going on in my head. I guess, also, when listening to radio, you have a different kind of imagination going on from when watching TV to fill in for what's not there in that medium. Of course, none of us is communicating other than through the performance, so I've no idea what unfretted and bear_scalpel made of the whole thing at the time, other than the expression of enjoyment at the end :).

Return to “Music Cafe”