Weil ich Dich liebe - TripHop

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

luCiPHer wrote:ich hab den song behalten und seit gestern noch so einige male mehr gehört :)
und das tu ich wirklich nicht mit allem hier, obwohl hier viel nettes aufschlägt.
frag jens, der kennt das mit "saved to harddrive"...der mann hat bekanntlich seinen eigenen ordner ;)
:oops: :D und da gehört auch das hier rein :oops:
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

luCiPHer wrote:
psynus wrote:Like that one. Not actually trip hop, I would say. Reminds me of "lamb".
another trip-hop fun-fact.
nobody seems to know where trip-hop ends actually ;)
i've got the 4 albums of lamb here, and they definately belong to my trip-hop collection :D
yes, I'd also say that Lamb is trip-hop - but what
exactly is trip-hop :?

for me it is when it feel like...
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

lets not start an argument about genres in the girls first tune posyin lads eh? :wink:

anyway the lamb comparison is as good as id get for closeness i suppose which would indeed be a compliment but theyre splitting up :cry: :cry:

anyway back to this,havent a clue what is being said but still the vocals work for me,really fit into the mix and lots of breaks and movement here and whoever said it was bass heavy,nah!this is perect yeah thers a bit of mp3 inferiority in here but cool deep feeling 8)

jens wrote:
ich habs mir fast gedacht, du wirktest relativ "wissend" und bina sagte, sie habe die musik ja nicht gemacht ;)

about trip hop
some nice descriptions of "what is trip hop" can be found here: http://www.tripnotic.de/_faq/frameset.htm
no "facts" just "feelings", but that's exactly the spirit of trip hop ;)

and vurt, waddaya mean lamb splitting up? :cry:

a friend of mine is close friends with them and theyve decided to call it a day for now,want some time off :cry: :cry:

vurt wrote:
anyway the lamb comparison is as good as id get for closeness i suppose which would indeed be a compliment but theyre splitting up :cry: :cry: )
aren't they splitting up since they started? :hihi:
vurt wrote: anyway back to this,havent a clue what is being said but still the vocals work for me,really fit into the mix and lots of breaks and movement here and whoever said it was bass heavy,nah!this is perect yeah thers a bit of mp3 inferiority in here but cool deep feeling 8)
the lyrics are actually a poem by the famous german
novellist Hermann Hesse, but as they have been a bit short a few words have been added -

I'll try to translate them:

'because I love you
I came to you at night
so wild and whispering
and for that you won't ever forget me
I've taken your soul with me

I have it now here with me
for good and also for bad
from my wild and burning love
no angel is able to redeem you'

(so far the original poem)

'driven by passion
full of longing for you
I lie awake during nights
whose peace my love to you
has taken from me forever

no angel is able to redeem me

The longing for you
has stolen our innocence
my passion has driven
our peace in the eternal fire

no angel is able to redeem us'

- it's a happy little love song, isn't it? :?

anyway the lamb comparison is as good as id get for closeness i suppose which would indeed be a compliment but theyre splitting up

Lamb is splitting up? Hmmmm...can't really see that as a bad thing. :) Ok, they have made some really stunningly beautifull and melancholic pieces (especially on "Fear of fours") but it's not enough to justify keeping Geoff Barrow away from making a third album with Portishead. Hopefully a broken up Lamb will make Portishead going.....cause that's trip-hop :P :wink:

Well enough OT.

About the german track here.
I agree...there's really some potential here! I havent read the entire thread so I apologize if I'm asking about something already covered... but the music is very exciting. Many details. Well done. Same composer as singerin?
the vocals work for me,really fit into the mix
Oddly, that's what I see as a problem in it. The voice is great (although I agree with the tuning thing some places), but I miss some closeness in the vocal. It's very distant compared to the music. Propaply mostly a mixing thing, but as already suggested I would also cut down on the reverb.

I think the first part of the vocal should feel as close as somebody whispering in your ear...you know..one can hear the breathing and such.

Then later when it gets more dramatic I think it's working very well indeed with the distant vocal and the music as it is. Almost gave me chills :)

Keep it up.

Best regards,
Rune

luCiPHer wrote:
jens wrote:
ich habs mir fast gedacht, du wirktest relativ "wissend" und bina sagte, sie habe die musik ja nicht gemacht ;)

:oops:

about trip hop
some nice descriptions of "what is trip hop" can be found here: http://www.tripnotic.de/_faq/frameset.htm
no "facts" just "feelings", but that's exactly the spirit of trip hop ;)
great link, thanks :D (oh well, actually I wanted to go to bed now - the lady and me are going to my parents' house in Belgium tomorrow :) )

i think you have an advantage in knowing whats being said,to me remember the vocs may as well be another synth so thats how i listened.
im not sure where more expression would be used and so on.

and dont you dis lamb :x
altho another portishead album would be nice bit its more than just him who dont have the time :wink:

:cry: - I never got so many replies when I posted
a song in the café :?

you need to start a genre/303 argument works every time 8)

:idea:

8)

and dont you dis lamb
No dissin' intended :)
I like Lamb.

it's only cause I have such a wish to see Portishead continue.

It's almost impossible to find trip-hop of the good old Bristol sort anymore. Even Massive Attack seem to have left the building.

rune_lh wrote:
About the german track here.
I agree...there's really some potential here! I havent read the entire thread so I apologize if I'm asking about something already covered... but the music is very exciting. Many details. Well done. Same composer as singerin?
the vocals work for me,really fit into the mix
Oddly, that's what I see as a problem in it. The voice is great (although I agree with the tuning thing some places), but I miss some closeness in the vocal. It's very distant compared to the music. Propaply mostly a mixing thing, but as already suggested I would also cut down on the reverb.

I think the first part of the vocal should feel as close as somebody whispering in your ear...you know..one can hear the breathing and such.

Then later when it gets more dramatic I think it's working very well indeed with the distant vocal and the music as it is. Almost gave me chills :)

Keep it up.

Best regards,

Rune
you're probably right - whoever mixed this song
is a stoopid amateur :roll:

:hihi:

yeah, I think you got it right with the beginning
of the track - I bet the singer was a bit too shy
to whisper in the mic but maybe she will record it again?

and yes, the reverb is probably too much :)
Last edited by jens on Sun May 30, 2004 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

rune_lh wrote: Lamb is splitting up? Hmmmm...can't really see that as a bad thing. :) Ok, they have made some really stunningly beautifull and melancholic pieces (especially on "Fear of fours") but it's not enough to justify keeping Geoff Barrow away from making a third album with Portishead. Hopefully a broken up Lamb will make Portishead going.....cause that's trip-hop :P :wink:
geoff barrow: portishead (and beth gibbons and adrian utley)
andy barlow: lamb (and louise ehodes btw louise robinson)

lamb does not stop portishead from doing anything ;)

but you are right, i WANT A NEW PORTISHEAD ALBUM! :x

and who's OT here? :roll: :D

[edit]forgot a word :oops: [/edit]
Last edited by luCiPHer on Sun May 30, 2004 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Music Cafe”