Snowed In [Cinematic Hybrid]

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Orchestral and electronic sounds put together in a contemplative and distinctly not-Hanz-Zimmer arrangement. https://soundcloud.com/nine-of-kings/snowed-in

Hi,
I basically liked this but I wasn't sold on the heavy monolithic string chords. I think you could use that but maybe there needs to be something underneath and those chords are more accentual. I think it could also use more development if it's intended as a work.

Very enjoyable. I loved the warm sound of the strings, and the cinematic quality of the composition. This could certainly be developed into a longer piece.

Good work :)

I like it. Like phil and seismic said, it could definitely be developed into something longer. But what you've got so far works well!

Thank you! I was thinking "underscore" when I wrote it, so development for its own sake wasn't high on my priority list. I'll probably work on longer and more complex pieces when I'm more confident.

nineofkings wrote:I was thinking "underscore" when I wrote it
This could definitely work as an underscore.
It also has an emotional quality to it that i find inviting and uplifting despite its title.
Though, i suppose being "snowed in" doesn't always have to be a negative thing.

Good piece of music, orchestral and ample. I think it could be the
intro of a longer cinematic song. :wink:
free mp3s + info: andy-enroe.de songs + weird stuff: enroe.de

Great ideas on show here. The lead 'Brass'(?) is lovely and the rest of the sounds are great too! I can imagine this really taking off powerfully at the end! Well done. :)
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

This is nice. I'm in agreement with the above comments about it being like film score and about the string chords being a bit too prominent (or that's how I took the comments since that's how I felt them). I think a slower decay and slight reduction in power would help for that, from the perspective of my own tastes, of course :-)
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Very good idea. This is a nice theme.
The central section is already perfect, I wouldn't touch it.
It deserves a more elaborated intro and proper finale
(...or maybe your intention is to include it into a longer piece ?!)

Keep up the good work

Cheers

Loved the arrangement and the chords structure. This sounds like it could lead into something with a beat, like the beginning to a pretty awesome rock song or something.
:borg:

Return to “Music Cafe”