February Contest: Gossip

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Here's this then.
No longer a moderator.

Hellfog wrote:Laguna Rising: Not inspired by the theme?
Well, to be honest, I see radio as an object of a bygone era, and so I did a quick research to check out when Radio became widely used and what was the most popular kind of music at the times.

It came out that "...Golden Age of Radio, refers to a period of radio programming in the United States lasting from the proliferation of radio broadcasting in the early 1920s until the 1950s..."
Source: Wikipedia - Old time radio

Well, it covers a lot of ground (from mainstream jazz to rock'n'roll, at least...)
Expect many different renditions

as usual
:hihi:

I wonder if someone will do something consisting entirely of morse code.......
Time is an illusion - lunchtime doubly so.

slartibartfast wrote:I wonder if someone will do something consisting entirely of morse code.......
I hope not will be very boring to listen to.

Hellfog wrote:
slartibartfast wrote:I wonder if someone will do something consisting entirely of morse code.......
I hope not will be very boring to listen to.
Sounds like a challenge to me.... :wink:

ballacr75 took the Hall of Fame data and put together a spreadsheet (Excel).

The top five all-time winners:

And the whole spreadsheet can be downloaded here:
http://members.toast.net/dowens/mc_byballacr75.zip

Thanks, ballacr75.

P.S. - Sorry it took me over a week to post this. I've been caught up in FAWM, and it slipped my mind.
No longer a moderator.

D.H. Miltz wrote:ballacr75 took the Hall of Fame data and put together a spreadsheet (Excel).
That's a fun and interesting spreadsheet. Thanks for taking the time to do that, ballacr75!

Thanks for posting my excel Dan! I love working with data and make statistics! Congrants to the very first five winners ever!

ballacr75 wrote:Thanks for posting my excel Dan! I love working with data and make statistics! Congrants to the very first five winners ever!
Well done ballacr. Clearly not an easy task - there are a lot of names in that sheet. And not made any easier by the fact that some people have changed their KVR nicknames over the years. To pick just one - Oddbod is in the list under several different names: Oddbod, Oddbods Finger, Oddbodsfinger, Oddbodd, Oddbods and Oddbodnikov.

I think when you add up all his numbers then Knockman may have been knocked (sorry!) out of the number two spot on the list.

Where is Oddbod these days anyway? Is he participating in FAWM, Dan? His entries were always great to listen to.

slartibartfast wrote:Is he participating in FAWM, Dan?
He is: http://fawm.org/fawmers/oddbod/

Barnadine is too.
No longer a moderator.

Thanks ballacr. It was a fascinating read. Slightly sad too. Lots of names we never see these days :(
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

Hellfog, am I doing something wrong or is your link not a direct one? I can download your entry, but not without going to another page and waiting for that page to load first. Save link as doesn't work, open link in new tab goes to the page mentioned above.

I looked at your link from last month and it is the same format as this month's, but I don't remember if I had this problem last month.

Anyone getting a direct (that is, without leaving the submissions thread page) download?
No longer a moderator.

D.H. Miltz; Du click on the link a new window is opening, you can then either stream or direct download, click on the download arrow top of the page. Should i fix something else?

EDIT; I added private soundcloud link

Seems okay to me now. I might add the right-click save-as link later.

Thanks.
No longer a moderator.

And in case Jazzaria looks here but doesn't check PMs: Please fix your entry's name. It's not named correctly, and it isn't tagged either, so there's no way of knowing whose entry it is.
No longer a moderator.

Return to “Music Cafe”