Glow - melodic uplifting trance

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

yep, the bitcrushed ping could come down for sure, imo it's maybe best that it doesn't become the single feature/layer as it is now. It's really prominent and plainly discernible on these speakers. It's real high pitched, so maybe that's why reproduction fidelity might cause it to be quieter.

Listening on Tapco 12" PA speakers.

Very nice sound though- thumbs up

Problem is finding the ping, since I can't hear it on my equipment. Actually, the first problem is finding the time to fix it, but right now I don't even know which track it's on.

OK, I found out what it was. The problem is that I'm synaesthetic and the word 'ping' sounds musical to me so I was checking the plucks, vocals, and so on. Turns out it was the crash cymbal. The 10KHz layzer mentioned would have given it away, if I hadn't been so busy. I've rolled off the EQ on the crash at about 8K and reduced it by 2 dB overall. I've also increased the tempo to 124 bpm and EQ'd a bit of a smile curve onto it. It now sounds finished to me.

Thanks everyone for all of your help :)

garryknight wrote:OK, I found out what it was. The problem is that I'm synaesthetic and the word 'ping' sounds musical to me so I was checking the plucks, vocals, and so on. Turns out it was the crash cymbal. The 10KHz layzer mentioned would have given it away, if I hadn't been so busy. I've rolled off the EQ on the crash at about 8K and reduced it by 2 dB overall. I've also increased the tempo to 124 bpm and EQ'd a bit of a smile curve onto it. It now sounds finished to me.

Thanks everyone for all of your help :)
lol did'nt mean for it to turn into a major scavenger hunt :wheee:
however now it sounds perfecto! :clap: :party: :phones:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

I'm also a bit of a perfectionist :D

garryknight wrote:I'm also a bit of a perfectionist :D
Who isn't ;) Glad you sorted it out :)

Torden wrote: Glad you sorted it out :)

Return to “Music Cafe”