Experimental-ish "idm-ish" thingy

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Finished of a snipp this evening. Have a listen if you like.

https://soundcloud.com/idsubmerged/id-submerged-fuzz

~id Submerged

Great track here. Sort of reminds of the sounds that were on the Mille Plateaux label back in the day. Which is a good thing. :phones:

Thanks Ridan! Happy to hear that you liked it. :)

I like this much more than the the the the the Mille Plateaux. Mille Plataeux is unrefined minimalism mr head.
My YOUTUBE slideshows, etc. - https://www.youtube.com/user/samabate2k

Controlled minimal chaotic rhythms. I like.

If I may ask, how did you get the percussion to sound so crunchy? Did you design the sounds yourself, have some sort of bitchrushing on them, or did they come out of a sample pack already sounding that crisp?

Thanks for listening and happy to hear that you all liked the track. Appreciate the feedback!

nineofkings to get the percussion sounds so crunchy I have used the "Bitcrusher" in FL Studio 8 (yes I am lazy in updating the software as I believe they are at version 12 or something now...) :)

Nice contrast between the deep, warm bass sound, the stuttering percussion, and the cold feel of the sustained "lead" synth sound. Very enjoyable.

Good work :)

Pretty cool. It reminds me a little of Boards Of Canada. Maybe it's my monitors but the scratch on the right could maybe be pulled back just a little.

:tu:

Thanks for all your feedback guys appreciate it! fastlanephil, I hear what you are saying about the scratch to the right and I can agree with you. I will do some fixing here and there and do as you suggest - thanks for making me aware of it.

I immediately like this because I'm a fan of Terminal Sound System's "Last Night I Dreamed of Armageddon" (his best work, IMO). Before that CD, I didn't even know this was a way to make music. Now with your track, I see it's actually extant beyond TSS.

I've wanted to make something similar, so I have more of this kind of thing to listen to, but I don't have the skill at glitchy percussion assembly/programming. Now I can add your track to my favorites list :-)
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Return to “Music Cafe”