Chitty Bang! - METEL

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

alright, i threw the link of this song up in the chat last week, so some have heard this one. a little metal for your diet :evil:

Chitty Bang

lates

t-willy
Last edited by t-willy on Fri Jun 11, 2004 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

where have I heard this before?
:wink:
finally, a tune with heavy guitars!
your vocal could come up just a little..I know the guitars are a cool part, but you're rapping something I'd like to hear. (or maybe this style you're not supposed to hear the singing clearly)
whatever, it's cool tune.

bluedad wrote:where have I heard this before?
:wink:
the pre-release party? :lol:

i knew you were waiting patiently for a heavy tune :wink: thanks for your comments gary and I agree the vocals during the chorus could come up a bit. might work on that tonight.

lates

t-willy

T-Willy I like this!!!! nice guitar what are you using for that? I like!!! and your Vox is fine

pay no attention to BlueDad.. he is deaf from all the Conway Twitty that he jammed to :D :wink:

do more of this good stuff

This tune rocks! The only suggestion I would have is to bring out the bass a little more.Great stuff.

Hey T-willy
After all that talk of heavy guitars I wasnt expecting that synth intro but it worked a treat with the guitars coming in. The overall sound you have is amazing - what distortion were you using on the guitar tracks? I tried these cool Amp Modelling plugs i read about it CMusic mag and it sounds like you might be using the Tube Screamer or summat?

www.simulanalog.org/guitarsuite.htm

I wasnt around on KvR when these first came out, but I presume everyone has checked these out?!

Was any of the guitar/drum work miked up ? It sounds it. Nic :-o e one

Last question - is there a link here with Chitty Chitty Bang Bang?
:D
MattC

simply roXX! thanks for sharing!

I like the "hööööööeyy!" :) Or is it "bööööööaaang"?

Singing fits 100%.

Sound is a little bit to agressive for my ears but a little bit eq and everything's allright.

Quite in the beginning when the guitar enters there are some timing probs.

Great stuff man, must have been some work to do it... :)

nerØz wrote:T-Willy I like this!!!! nice guitar what are you using for that? I like!!! and your Vox is fine

pay no attention to BlueDad.. he is deaf from all the Conway Twitty that he jammed to :D :wink:

do more of this good stuff
thx ner0z :D honestly man, the guitar went straight into the effects pedal and then straight into the computer!
fxe wrote:This tune rocks! The only suggestion I would have is to bring out the bass a little more.Great stuff.
:D , i agree about the bass. it was hard as hell mixing it down because its sooooo low. the B string got a hell of a work out :wink:
unicon wrote: Hey T-willy
After all that talk of heavy guitars I wasnt expecting that synth intro but it worked a treat with the guitars coming in. The overall sound you have is amazing - what distortion were you using on the guitar tracks? I tried these cool Amp Modelling plugs i read about it CMusic mag and it sounds like you might be using the Tube Screamer or summat?

www.simulanalog.org/guitarsuite.htm

I wasnt around on KvR when these first came out, but I presume everyone has checked these out?!

Was any of the guitar/drum work miked up ? It sounds it. Nic e one

Last question - is there a link here with Chitty Chitty Bang Bang?

MattC
thanks a lot Matt. no amp modeling plugs, just the effects pedal and right into the 'ole PC. No micing of the geetars at all. Oh, and drums were courtesy of Fru T. Loops :wink: a la a kit i put together.
Trekstar wrote:simply roXX! thanks for sharing!

I like the "hööööööeyy!" Or is it "bööööööaaang"?

Singing fits 100%.

Sound is a little bit to agressive for my ears but a little bit eq and everything's allright.

Quite in the beginning when the guitar enters there are some timing probs.

Great stuff man, must have been some work to do it...
BANG! BANG! :D this was a bit of work to get done. been working on it for a while now. i used to do strictly rock/metal, but once i found KvR, the synths came into play :)

Glad to see some METEL :evil: fans still lurking around!!! Thx a bunch for the kind words :evil: :D

lates

t-willy

:band:

Cool stuff. I'm not normally into heavy metal, more nu metal but this rocks somehow. Cover version of the shitty shitty bang bang musical tune eh?
The "tranceline" seems a bit misplaced when it's doing it's own thing but otherwise great.

well done.

this intro is quite odd

but i like oddness :D

the guitars are impressive, powerful, etc.
my only complaint: they could be more 'upfront' with more agressivity (i don't know if you see what i mean?)

overall, a good track i'm enjoying a lot 8)

Cool!
A heavy metal homage payed to a true MGM classic, I'm sure Dick Van Dyke would be proud! :lol:
I like the infectious chitty bang chorus, maybe a little crisping-up of the vocals with a little (dare I say) stutter edits on the chitty so it'll occasionally go ch-ch-ch-chitty bang.
Great metal guits too, perhaps a little Eq to let them stand out a bit more.
I agree about the low end, we need more bass & kick!
Cool song though...
Chitty bang, chitty bang bang...... rockin.... 8)

Armadillo wrote::band:

Cool stuff. I'm not normally into heavy metal, more nu metal but this rocks somehow. Cover version of the shitty shitty bang bang musical tune eh?
The "tranceline" seems a bit misplaced when it's doing it's own thing but otherwise great.

well done.
thx Armadillo :D
Wopelka wrote:this intro is quite odd

but i like oddness

the guitars are impressive, powerful, etc.
my only complaint: they could be more 'upfront' with more agressivity (i don't know if you see what i mean?)

overall, a good track i'm enjoying a lot
i'm glad you like oddness :lol: more geetars eh?? that's my kind of thinking!! :D glad you're enjoying and thx for commenting :)
Count wrote:Cool!
A heavy metal homage payed to a true MGM classic, I'm sure Dick Van Dyke would be proud!
I like the infectious chitty bang chorus, maybe a little crisping-up of the vocals with a little (dare I say) stutter edits on the chitty so it'll occasionally go ch-ch-ch-chitty bang.
Great metal guits too, perhaps a little Eq to let them stand out a bit more.
I agree about the low end, we need more bass & kick!
Cool song though...
Chitty bang, chitty bang bang...... rockin....
hey Count nice to hear from you. Haven't seen you around much since the "Game" awhile back. I like the idea of the stutter effects on the chitty part - might give that a go. more bass, more guitars!!!! :evil: :wink: thanks a bunch for commenting and listening - glad you like :D

lates

t-willy

WOOOOOOOOW..... :-o
:D :D :D
Good powerfull song !!!!!
Very well done.
Too bad there's not more metal on KVR !!!
Congrats.... 8)
Make me want to listen again to my old metal CDs.....

I don't understand (don't like) the part between 2'45 and 3'09.... sound too soft (and bad) and different from the rest.

Ixox wrote:Too bad there's not more metal on KVR !!!
Amen to that! You're holding up the metal front of KvR here T-Willy! Nice job :D

Ixox wrote:WOOOOOOOOW..... :-o
:D :D :D
Good powerfull song !!!!!
Very well done.
Too bad there's not more metal on KVR !!!
Congrats.... 8)
Make me want to listen again to my old metal CDs.....

I don't understand (don't like) the part between 2'45 and 3'09.... sound too soft (and bad) and different from the rest.
thanks Ixox!!! pull out those metal cds again!! although if i remember right, you've got a little one, so just keep the volume down :D i was wondering if anyone was going to comment on the string/piano/synth part in the "solo" part of the song. honestly, just never got a geetar solo done for the song, so the strings went in instead. plus its just kinda different (i mean piano and strings with double bass drums and heavy guitar!!!). thx so much for the comments!!
Rozz wrote: Amen to that! You're holding up the metal front of KvR here T-Willy! Nice job
:D :D :D :D "well its a dirty job, but someone's gotta do it" :lol: seriously though, thx Rozz, glad to know there's some people out there still wanting more metel :evil:

stay tuned to Dr. Acula..........new tune soon.....when i finish the damn vocals :roll:

lates

t-willy

Return to “Music Cafe”