FM-84 - Atlas (Sun-soaked 80s inspired synthwave/dreamwave/synthpop)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi everyone

I've been hanging out at KVR on and off for about 9 years. I finally got my ass in gear earlier this year and took some time away to write and self-released my debut album. It's a blend of 80s inspired synth pop with layers of soaring sun-soaked cinematic vibes. I like to think of it as the sound of a summer long gone.

It's been a labor of love and wraps together all of my influences from the 80s (when I was a kid) through to mid-90s electronica. Heck, I even collaborated with the legendary Clive Farrington from 'When In Rome'. They had a huge hit in the 80s with 'The Promise'. The track we wrote together was picked up by Cafe Del Mar for their brand new XXII compilation this year.

The album has also been among the top 15 best-selling albums on Bandcamp for the past three months.
https://fm84.bandcamp.com

You can also listen on SoundCloud too.
https://soundcloud.com/fm84/sets/atlas

I hope some of you like it.

Be sure to check out my SoundCloud page for the Magnetic Magazine interview which goes deep on my background and my production/songwriting process.

Cheers,
Colin

Hi Colin.

I am listening to the Magnetic Magazine interview while I'm writing this.

Now, I love so many genres of music myself from 60's psych rock to ambient over cinematic filmscores to popular pop music and anything in between but the last year I have consumed Synthwave unlike any other genre I have ever listened to and the artists are mostly from the softer side of Synthwave like Timecop1983, Mitch Murder, FM-84, Duett and FM Attack plus the amazing soundtrack to Chronicles of The Wasteland by Le Matos.

Your music have had a huge influence on my upcoming soundset collab, and that's without me knowing who the guy behind FM-84 was, until I discovered that you are a long time customer of mine what a coincidence! And now you're contributing with a demo for the set. That's synergy.

You are writing beautiful melodies Col and I am looking forward to your upcoming work with Ollie you talked about in the interview. I hope everyone with a love for Synthwave will visit your Bandcamp and discover for themself why Atlas have been in the top selling chart on Bandcamp - it's so well deserved! But please don't evolve the sound: Stay Synthwave! :)

Peace, Soren.
Luftrum
Sound Designer
Lunaris 2 - the premier pads instrument for NI Kontakt Player - pads and pads only...

Return to “Music Cafe”