NOVAkILL - New Album, New EP & A New Video

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Well, we've had six weeks in the charts now, with the new album currently sitting at no. 2 on the DAC. If the new single goes OK, we could stretch this out to something worthwhile. If it gets us on WGT next year, I'll be well pleased.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Good news! After sitting at no. 2 for two weeks, our album is now no. 1 on the DAC (German Alternative Chart). As this is the only chart we really care about, we're pretty happy.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

sweet BONES!

congrats.

man I dig head on. them message rings true.

dw

to be taken seriously.. integrity, you do your own artwork.. you see any other artists in this genre actually empowering their listeners with resources? nope, just selling records with insipid, obsequious content.

this is why tracks like "shoknova" and "blind" define novakill as worth talking about today while leading "artists" in "the genre" are history. thanks for giving a shit about even confused and debilitated people.
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

Yeah Xoxos. I have never heard of an EBM duo offering free synths to the people either. Rather unique and generous approach.

Just keep the reports going Novakill. Your support is here for encouragement.

EDIT:

Sorry for rambling in this thread but I just need to comment on the confused people too. If you search for EBM at youtube, you will get a lot of "Cyper Goth" infused with a little EBM here and then a big pile of trance and pop there, e.i. like VNV nation, who may be cool in their own right, but certainly is an insult to intelligence to label EBM. People do not have many clues about the roots of this genre. I was part of the post-punk new wave movement of Copenhagen in the 80s and we began to notice these strange EBM fellows when visiting Berlin, especially as bands like DAF, Skinny Puppy and Nitzer Ebb transcended their marginalized underground status. First people thought they were skinheads, due to the similarity in the look and some musical symbols with many connotations to those of totalitarian nations. But soon people began to notice the difference and it turned out that most of them were actually left-wing fighters and anti-fascists. Thus, they were welcomed with open arms into our flock of cold war depressed, future worried and societal abandoned youngsters. Two branches soon developed, namely those to whom EBM actually was an expression of a fighting political movement, and the "soft" branch, to whom it all was about turning the shadows of the totalitarian past into music and joy, thus the choice of symbolism. At that time many didn’t get these points and thus considered the movement as just another genre of danceable music, while in essence it was much deeper than that.

It is like when people only consider sci-fi as good bang-bang storytelling and don’t see how it actually deals with worrisome themes of the present at an advanced symbolic level. I am afraid the knowledge and status of EMB will cease even more as the modern consumer-youth gets more and more ignorant to their societal roots and circumstances.
I’ll shut it now, but I think it is worth taking into this context as well.

Back to Novakill.

I hear ya! The album got a review on Side-Line which was mostly positive but chided us for not being "innovative" enough, which I took from the context to mean that we hadn't moved on to Synth-Pop or Future-Pop, which is fine by me. I like VNV Nation, and Ronan is a really good guy, but what they are doing these day doesn't interest us as much as their older, proper EBM stuff. (Praise the Fallen is a fantastic album.)

I remember when I was digitising all my CDs that the four Dance or Die albums each had a different genre. One of them was even stuck with "metal"! EBM has never been an option in any genre drop-down menu for mp3 tags I've ever seen and that, in itself, is enough to ensure it's inevitable demise. It's quite sad because it is a rather unique blend of rock, pop and dance music that should have very broad appeal, if only people knew it existed.

I'm not going to get drawn into a debate about the merits of Future Pop or the true origins of EBM. I just wanted to say congratulations again to Bones for the success you're currently enjoying. You've been at this for a very long time, and it is extremely gratifying, even from a distance, to see all that hard work paying off.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

BONES wrote:The album got a review on Side-Line which was mostly positive but chided us for not being "innovative" enough, which I took from the context to mean that we hadn't moved on to Synth-Pop or Future-Pop.
They completely missed the point then. Three words for you: Stand Your Ground.

Congrats again. And keep us informed. Personally I am all ears.

Congrats. I absolutely love it. Raw, brutal, oldskool. Immediately made be think about Front 242.

Thanks for the kind words but you gotta hear what's coming next! Possibly not as brutal but with a lot more energy and an even fuller sound. We've promised the label they can have it at the end of this month for a spring release. Despite that, and given that I am the worst judge of these things, it sounds to me like our most accessible album to date, or at least containing some more accessible songs, so it will be interesting to see how it goes.

congrats BONES, nice to see a familiar face on here doing well with their music!
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

Looking forward to it! What are your main synths on the new album?
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

We're still relying heavily on Wasp for our basslines, although there's a bit of DUNE in there, too. We've mostly used Battery for drums, with all the amazing kits we got with Maschine, and Massive gets a guernsey for some of the glitchy rhythms that harden things up a bit. We only got hold of Thorn recently but we've thrown that into a few songs. Elsewhere we've used Substance, TRK-01, Arcade, Go2, ARP Odyssey (Korg) and Roli's Equator to good effect. We had a few songs that used kHs One but none of them made the track list in the end. DUNE probably gets more use than anything, it's in pretty much every song. I think The Legend is in one song, too, as are a couple of Analog Lab parts (all in the same song, as it happens). Analog Lab doesn't play well with Orion or we'd use it more.

hi BONES, yeah we gone round and round about DAW hardware over in the instrument forum,
but i never heard your stuff. i like it. well done, catchy stuff. congrats on the success. :clap:
Last edited by layzer on Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Return to “Music Cafe”