Allomerus - Obelisk (Video version added)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Allomerus,
Thank you for the reviews! Now your song ("Obelisk"): intro is sounding trippy, in a good way. Sounds like a movie soundtrack. I was not anticipating the vocal talking synth sounds: interesting; and the female singing vocals sound like they are singing actual lyrics: another surprise. It all sounds high quality to me! Nice!
You can hear my original music at this link: https://www.soundclick.com/artist/defau ... dID=224436

Nice ! I like the dark, future-themed atmosphere, and the balance between the magical choirs and the low-end sounds.
Very original, not easy to define it.
Excellent. :tu:

Cheers

aaron aardvark wrote:Allomerus,
Thank you for the reviews! Now your song ("Obelisk"): intro is sounding trippy, in a good way. Sounds like a movie soundtrack. I was not anticipating the vocal talking synth sounds: interesting; and the female singing vocals sound like they are singing actual lyrics: another surprise. It all sounds high quality to me! Nice!
Thanks Aaron. Glad you enjoyed it. The female vocals is a modified sample...
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

Laguna Rising wrote:Nice ! I like the dark, future-themed atmosphere, and the balance between the magical choirs and the low-end sounds.
Very original, not easy to define it.
Excellent. :tu:

Cheers
Thanks Laguna Rising. This was one of those tracks where I found great sounds and it was obvious how they would work together. Sometimes it takes ages to craft a track... Luckily this almost wrote itself. Not sure what to define it myself either. :)
Bandcamp

Video version using photos my daughter took in GB while visiting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNTSytYf-L0
Bandcamp

I am warming up to this. Initially it gave me impression that several choirs were abducted by aliens and were singing to comfort themselves on an uncertain UFO journey through the blackness of space. :o

But after several more listens and watching the very good video, I am thinking this would work well as a soundtrack for any number of films with mysterious or supernatural themes.

The mix is great. Congrats to your daughter on the excellent and very professional looking photography. :tu:

Some fine crenellations on display here. The images are a good fit with the music, and the black and white tones deepen my sense of mystery and unease.

Good work, John :)

Frantz wrote:I am warming up to this. Initially it gave me impression that several choirs were abducted by aliens and were singing to comfort themselves on an uncertain UFO journey through the blackness of space. :o

But after several more listens and watching the very good video, I am thinking this would work well as a soundtrack for any number of films with mysterious or supernatural themes.

The mix is great. Congrats to your daughter on the excellent and very professional looking photography. :tu:
Thanks Frantz!
Amazing, that's exactly what happened!
I was very happy to use my Daughter's pictures as I think they do fit the music. Glad you agree. She was happy to read your nice comment. :)
Bandcamp

seismic1 wrote:Some fine crenellations on display here. The images are a good fit with the music, and the black and white tones deepen my sense of mystery and unease.

Good work, John :)
Thanks Tim!
As I wrote to Frantz, I thought they made a good fit and so it's great you agree! :)
Bandcamp

great visuals, John. Love old Castles and anything from that time.
I've always thought it would be cool to be a knight in some shiny
cool looking armor in those days.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

layzer wrote:great visuals, John. Love old Castles and anything from that time.
I've always thought it would be cool to be a knight in some shiny
cool looking armor in those days.
Thanks layzer. The romance of being a knight certainly is alluring but I reckon for most people they were brutish times. Still at least we can fantasise about it...
Bandcamp

those photos are ominous in a way and the sounds are thick with suspense, cool stuff

wavephonic wrote:those photos are ominous in a way and the sounds are thick with suspense, cool stuff
Thanks wavephonic. The photos were pretty ominous to start off with, then I ran them through a filter... :)
Bandcamp

Greetings,

I just now listened to the SC track, haven't watched the video yet.

Gorgeous music and sounds, darkly/deeply lush, more than a little creepy. It had my attention at once, kept it to the end.

Struck my ears as intentionally progressive. :)

Best,

dp

StudioDave wrote:Greetings,

I just now listened to the SC track, haven't watched the video yet.

Gorgeous music and sounds, darkly/deeply lush, more than a little creepy. It had my attention at once, kept it to the end.

Struck my ears as intentionally progressive. :)

Best,

dp
Thanks StudioDave. It is meant to be progressive and ominous, glad you thought I achieved my aim. All the best... :)
Bandcamp

Return to “Music Cafe”