New Prodigy Single

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

What's there to get? Come on, there's not much here. Tough bass, hard drums, stupid 'lyrics', some nice stereo placement. . . yeah, OK, that's it.
Every day takes figuring out all over again how to f#ckin’ live.

chagzuki wrote:What's there to get? Come on, there's not much here. Tough bass, hard drums, stupid 'lyrics', some nice stereo placement. . . yeah, OK, that's it.
And how is that bad?

Kriminal wrote:
topaz wrote:
anyone can hear it's a crap radio rip.
so? Its still a really bad track.
Hmmmm...Kriminal I would have thought that you would like it. Seems like your into some retro soundin' stuff. mid-80's mann parrish/ egyptian lover kinda stuff.
Not bad meaning bad but bad meaning good

my thought: it'd have been better if he had used FL instead :)

I think it's an ok song, even somewhat cool. The problem is that the Prodigy's past stuff was way above cool. Because of this, it's a bit disappointing.

Never said it was.
Every day takes figuring out all over again how to f#ckin’ live.

not to my ears it's not.

it's great fun. :)

Kriminal wrote:
so? Its still a really bad track.

I agree that everyone wants to do retro these days instead of pushing new boundries. This sounds like a kinder gentler Prodigy that is more interested in sales than sounding like the electro punk that the past albums sounded like.

That said- its kind of catchy, though nothing I would really listen to all that much.

I like it... it's funky as hell!

PJ

Sub-standard track in almost every respect.

I think it's especially bad coz it's done by one of my old heroes. My little brother (13y) does similar stuff now that he's getting into logic and samplers...

Those basses are simply kiddie stuff, like the kind of stuff you do when you're trying out some presets on your newly bought thingie (when you're about 13).

With that cheese-ad-hook it's ok enough to be played in most clubs this summer though.

No disrespect for liam though.. Wait, I mean, yes, disrespect for liam.

the last thing I expected was for the prodigy to sound like the chemical brothers...

chrissill31 wrote: Obviously some of you just dont 'get it' but i think alot of people will.
Its hardly Cage now is it?

S_A_P wrote:the last thing I expected was for the prodigy to sound like the chemical brothers...
:lol: Indeed, I was thinking the same thing! :D

Wk

Well that sucked bad.

That other link doesn't seem to be working anymore. Though I did find this preview of one of the other songs on the up and coming album

http://www.theprodigy.nl/index_bestande ... review.mp3

it's only 96kbps mind so quality is not great.

Ben

What was that? Emile Heskey's new single? :-o

Return to “Music Cafe”