1968 Pt 2

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Gone
Last edited by Googly Smythe on Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Nice easy start to a Saturday morning (makes a change from the dub reggie usually coming from downstairs...). Listening on headphones and sounds like a good mix here. Personally I'd make everything a bit more upfront, but that is only my own usual take on mixing (reverb is a necessary evil to be avoided where possible.. :hihi: ) and it is a good mix as I say. I do think the drums could be a little rougher/more 60s sounding, but that would of course depend on the samples you have available.

Musically it all works well with some nice changes in there. The only thing that might add to it I could think would be a bit of backwards guitar in the 'Tomorrow Never Knows' stylee, but then again it might be cheese overkill.

Anyway, nice job and crack on to 1969 whereupon I shall make my entry into this world (old bastard).

great music! I like the atmosphere very very much. nice sitar!

Pleasant music ... I liked the nice soundscape and ambiance

a perfect blend of reminiscence and imagination. :clap: :love:
"It dreamed itself along"

Great contrast with the atmosphere and pace of Part 1, and a very nice change-up halfway through which adds drama to the piece. Very enjoyable stuff.

Good work :)

donkey tugger wrote:Nice easy start to a Saturday morning (makes a change from the dub reggie usually coming from downstairs...). Listening on headphones and sounds like a good mix here. Personally I'd make everything a bit more upfront, but that is only my own usual take on mixing (reverb is a necessary evil to be avoided where possible.. :hihi: ) and it is a good mix as I say. I do think the drums could be a little rougher/more 60s sounding, but that would of course depend on the samples you have available.

Musically it all works well with some nice changes in there. The only thing that might add to it I could think would be a bit of backwards guitar in the 'Tomorrow Never Knows' stylee, but then again it might be cheese overkill.

Anyway, nice job and crack on to 1969 whereupon I shall make my entry into this world (old bastard).
Nothing wrong with a bit of backwards guitar! Maybe I'm saving it for Part 3?!
Old bastard? I'm an even older one! (by 15 years - sshh!)
Jesse Gorter wrote:great music! I like the atmosphere very very much. nice sitar!
Not enough sitar, these days!
markkuja wrote:Pleasant music ... I liked the nice soundscape and ambiance
mellotronaut wrote:a perfect blend of reminiscence and imagination. :clap: :love:
I'm rolling in deep nostagia, these days, looking back through heavily rose tinted lenses!
seismic1 wrote:Great contrast with the atmosphere and pace of Part 1, and a very nice change-up halfway through which adds drama to the piece. Very enjoyable stuff.

Good work :)
Thank you all for listening. I appreciate all comments! :tu:

Nice bud, sounds just right on here 5 inch sats with sub.

winkie00 wrote:Nice bud, sounds just right on here 5 inch sats with sub.
Where are my manners! Thanks for listening. :tu:
(Gives me a sneaky oppurtunity for a bump!)

Enjoyable atmospheric music. It gives me visions of eastern scenes. It reminded me a little of Future Sound Of London with the eastern sounds I guess. Nice tasteful mix. I could see this used as soundtrack.

Return to “Music Cafe”