Retro-Electro + Fretless-Bass / "pixelated minds"

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello,

I've uploaded new song(video) "pixelated minds" on YouTube.
I just got the Squarp Pyramid hardware sequencer and tried to compose this song.
It was a little tough to learn new sequencer but it wasn't difficult.
Now I no needed any PC based sequencer such as modern headache-upgrade-hell DAW anymore.
All sound was mixed by analog mixer.

Hope you like it.
Cheers! :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83Anokl1ynw
hide.h [MySite]

Definitely a grooving bassline. Really nice playing. I would have to say the other instrumentation sounds a bit dated. Kind corny 80s sounding with those synths. I guess that sound just isnt my cup of tea. Really nice composition though. Great musician.

Enjoyable instrumental music and groovy rhythm
Nice composition and arrangement.. sounds good

akbenson71 wrote:I would have to say the other instrumentation sounds a bit dated. Kind corny 80s sounding with those synths.
Haha. Just as planned! Because my music is "Retro". :tu:
akbenson71 wrote:Really nice composition though. Great musician.
Thanks!! :)
hide.h [MySite]

markkuja wrote:Enjoyable instrumental music and groovy rhythm
Nice composition and arrangement.. sounds good
Thanks for listening! I'm so glad! :)
hide.h [MySite]

akbenson71 wrote: Kind corny 80s sounding with those synths. I guess that sound just isnt my cup of tea.
better than any sample library based garbage i'm hearing now days. :phones:

BTW, it's a good thing you didn't include a DATED acustic piano in there. That
would have really made it sound horrible.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

layzer wrote:better than any sample library based garbage i'm hearing now days. :phones:
Hahaha
layzer wrote:BTW, it's a good thing you didn't include a DATED acustic piano in there. That
would have really made it sound horrible.
Oh, I almost did it. I love old-school-super-outdated-piano samples too. :lol:
I'm so glad to hear opinions as many as possible!
Thank you! :tu:
hide.h [MySite]

That was absolutely fun to listen to, it is well played, well mixed and composed right.
it sounds really professional as its not even one bit tiring to listen to!
awesome job man!! (had 2 listens so far)

I'm very retro, so no complaints from me! Really good listening. Well played/recorded/sequenced, well mixed.
:tu:

Totally dig the 'retro' vibe. You've nailed it perfectly and it was a great listen.
I loved the bass+synth layering from 0:52sec, which actually gives your track a touch of contemporary sound, funnily enough. And the bass line itself....all so well executed.

Also, the video was cool as well. The beginning when you switch all the gear on is just gearslut stimulating. Nice to see another Roland MKS-70 user. Do you have the programmer too?
http://www.electric-himalaya.com
VSTi and hardware synth sound design
3D/5D sound design since 2012

Really enjoyed listening to this!
Got a lovely, light pop sound going on...and I can hear a bit of a Mick Karn influence with the bass (and it's a Wal!).

Wow! I'm so glad to hear so many opinions here!! :)
I really appreciate it!
Yardood wrote:That was absolutely fun to listen to, it is well played, well mixed and composed right.
it sounds really professional as its not even one bit tiring to listen to!
awesome job man!! (had 2 listens so far)
I just checked your comment on YouTube. Thank you very much! :)

Googly Smythe wrote:I'm very retro, so no complaints from me! Really good listening. Well played/recorded/sequenced, well mixed.
:tu:
Thank you!!
My gears had some of problems and repair by self.
It's a little tough to keep retro gears but repairing is fun too. ;)

himalaya wrote:Totally dig the 'retro' vibe. You've nailed it perfectly and it was a great listen.
I loved the bass+synth layering from 0:52sec, which actually gives your track a touch of contemporary sound, funnily enough. And the bass line itself....all so well executed.

Also, the video was cool as well. The beginning when you switch all the gear on is just gearslut stimulating. Nice to see another Roland MKS-70 user. Do you have the programmer too?
Yes I have PG-800 and I use it for creating sound of MKS-70. It's so handy sliders. :)
By the way, I'm not video creator, so always it's so difficult to make video for YouTube.
I need to learn creating video more and more. :dog:

ftech wrote:Really enjoyed listening to this!
Got a lovely, light pop sound going on...and I can hear a bit of a Mick Karn influence with the bass (and it's a Wal!).
Yes! My bass is WAL and I like him too. :tu:
I'm so glad you enjoyed my new song!
hide.h [MySite]

Another great recreation of the '80s, and the bass sounds very much at home with the electronics, both in terms of mixing and the composition. I really enjoyed it.

Good work :)

seismic1 wrote:Another great recreation of the '80s, and the bass sounds very much at home with the electronics, both in terms of mixing and the composition. I really enjoyed it.

Good work :)
Thanks for listening!! :)
hide.h [MySite]

Return to “Music Cafe”