Ayleon's Tango

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Another installment of my sci_fi project. Ayleon has ended up on earth after escaping his destiny on his home planet. There, the females are much larger than the males and the courtship usually ends like that of earth's praying mantis. A few minutes of pleasure and then not so good. Here he sings about this sad saga of love and appetite.

https://soundcloud.com/fastlanephil/ayleons-tango

females are so evil!

i take it he just barely got the song sang before getting his head bitten off.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Nice composition and rhythm. Ayleon's vocals are a little quiet in the mix, sounds a bit stuffy in my opinion.
Otherwise mix sounds good. I liked the melody theme and arrangement.

Very good melodies, Appropriate to set the tone for the sad end of story.
I like the sounds and arrangements.

Cheers

layzer wrote:females are so evil!

i take it he just barely got the song sang before getting his head bitten off.
I'm sure he is doomed!

Thank for listening

It took me a couple of listens before I got the connection between the title and the image on SoundCloud. I liked the "shambling" Tango rhythm, especially the cymbal hit at the start of the instrumental/synth solo at 1:41 which seemed quite appropriate for your slither reference. The melody certainly conveys a sense of sadness.

Good work :)

markkuja wrote:Nice composition and rhythm. Ayleon's vocals are a little quiet in the mix, sounds a bit stuffy in my opinion.
Otherwise mix sounds good. I liked the melody theme and arrangement.
The vocals are from PPG Phonem and they are not real melodic, pretty garbled actually, even after adding another clearer vocal to the back of the mix. The Phonem patch, which was from Phonemklatura library, was the catalyst for the song.

Thanks for the compliment!

seismic1 wrote:It took me a couple of listens before I got the connection between the title and the image on SoundCloud. I liked the "shambling" Tango rhythm, especially the cymbal hit at the start of the instrumental/synth solo at 1:41 which seemed quite appropriate for your slither reference. The melody certainly conveys a sense of sadness.

Good work :)
Thanks! As usual I had no preconceived ideas and took the path of least resistance.

I definitely had that visual image of the slither break. The poor guy's situation would probably be considered comically tragic.

Return to “Music Cafe”