The saddest Christmas song...

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

...about a tree. My in-laws had a large tree in front of their house and began decorating it in the 80ies. But instead of the usual on-off-technique they just kept the stuff in the tree and added new stuff. Year after year. And messed up the wiring...which led to the tree burning down last year. I wrote this song to commemorate the tree.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lpP8-NjTZ0

DrSense wrote:...about a tree. My in-laws had a large tree in front of their house and began decorating it in the 80ies. But instead of the usual on-off-technique they just kept the stuff in the tree and added new stuff. Year after year. And messed up the wiring...which led to the tree burning down last year. I wrote this song to commemorate the tree.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lpP8-NjTZ0
I totally enjoyed this song...great lyrics, instrumentation, and performance. 10 out of 10! :tu:

Really enjoyed this. Video was fun too...

Though only the 2nd saddest Christmas song. The saddest is "The little boy that Santa Claus forgot" by Nat King Cole.

Look it up on youtube and prepare to blub.

Thank you both! Very glad you enjoyed it! :)
rollasoc wrote:Though only the 2nd saddest Christmas song. The saddest is "The little boy that Santa Claus forgot" by Nat King Cole.
That one is a contender for saddest song overall not only Christmas...a great addition to the gloomy Christmas playlist.

:lol:

This is fun ! :tu:
I enjoyed the song & the video

Cheers

Thank you @Laguna Rising
Glad you like this and Whiskey In The Jar! :)

I'm crying into my cornflakes :-(

The only way I can carry on with my day is by watching the boogying Santa at the beginning :-)

Nice one anyway. There's not enough gloom at Christmas as far as I'm concerned!!

This is just a really good song.

Change some of the wording here and there and this is an excellent break up track. Or, you keep the wording, tell people it is a break up track, and let them die trying to understand the metaphors.
Even I was offended by what I was going to put here.
Newest Release, retro EBM, Brute Opposition - Unity of Command, released Sept '22 bandcamp link

Seriously silly and tragically comic. Great stuff.

sazb30 wrote:I'm crying into my cornflakes :-(
Sorry for that...and thanks for this compliment!

And of course - there's not enough gloominess on Christmas. Except you play Gloom. Although that can turn into fun too...

Glad it's so enjoyable!

Love the idea @Chemik ...people sitting there, trying to figure out what the first four lines could possibly mean for a human being.. :D :hihi:

Just so you know: it's available for free on bandcamp (and due to the bandcamp-YouTube merger I don't know how much longer this will be the case)
https://drscythe.bandcamp.com/track/christmas-3-burn

Return to “Music Cafe”