This is Cecilia!

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Last edited by kloon on Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Friendly bump :party:

its a nice song but you killed any hope it ever had for dynamic range. it just sounds unnatural with every sound blaring with high volume. fatigue started setting in about the halfway point on my headphones. i had to stop. make frequency spectrum balance and good dynamic range a priority over trying to make the mix as loud possible. remember, if people want it louder they can raise the volume on their listening equipment....as opposed to having to lower it because it is too loud and compressed which results in squashed, thin, lifeless sound.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Thanks for valuable feedback layzer!
Will work on the dynamic before sending it to stores and spotify.
Sorry you couldnt hear it to the finnish. ;)

Thanks!

kloon wrote:Thanks for valuable feedback layzer!

Thanks!
don't get me wrong, Kloon... love your stuff, but think about it...
its vocals, not a EDM kick drum we're mixing. :wink:

but you know, i just listened to it on my crappy boombox speakers and it sounds fine
so i guess for the masses that listen on crappy consumer devices, its perfect. hah.. carry on sir! :tu:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

layzer wrote:
kloon wrote:Thanks for valuable feedback layzer!

Thanks!
don't get me wrong, Kloon... love your stuff, but think about it...
its vocals, not a EDM kick drum we're mixing. :wink:

but you know, i just listened to it on my crappy boombox speakers and it sounds fine
so i guess for the masses that listen on crappy consumer devices, its perfect. hah.. carry on sir! :tu:
Hehe, thanks mate. :)

First post updated with Spotify and iTunes links.

I kinda liked it although I don't go for commercial sounding music as a rule.
I could hear that your track and the singing style of 'River', your ( Dave Gaham )vocalist, give it an early Depeche Mode (Vince Clark )sound and feel...and this I like.

The writing, a bit sappy for me, mirror songs by Vince Clark and Erasure as well. I like that generally.
Good luck with writing more good tunes.
....................Don`t blame me for 'The Roots', I just live here. :x

annode wrote:I kinda liked it although I don't go for commercial sounding music as a rule.
I could hear that your track and the singing style of 'River', your ( Dave Gaham )vocalist, give it an early Depeche Mode (Vince Clark )sound and feel...and this I like.

The writing, a bit sappy for me, mirror songs by Vince Clark and Erasure as well. I like that generally.
Good luck with writing more good tunes.
Thanks for listening and feedback annode. :)

I ended up liking it. The chorus could use a little more uplift, and I don't think it's overly compressed or loud. Sounded good to me, given the type of song.
It's also positive that you just didn't went for the usual ABAB structure and mixed it up a bit at the end!

telmofmm wrote:I ended up liking it. The chorus could use a little more uplift, and I don't think it's overly compressed or loud. Sounded good to me, given the type of song.
It's also positive that you just didn't went for the usual ABAB structure and mixed it up a bit at the end!
Glad you liked it, thanks for taking the time to listen. :)

This sounds really cool!

I hear your vocals are a lot more clear, I think you have a better mic too.
But your vocals don't get to sound weird after editing, or you just sing a lot better!

Jesse Gorter wrote:This sounds really cool!

I hear your vocals are a lot more clear, I think you have a better mic too.
But your vocals don't get to sound weird after editing, or you just sing a lot better!
Thank you very much Jesse! :)
Glad you feel that the vocals have improved.
Im not the guy singing, but i do feel hope that i/we improve a little bit for every song.

It's a good song. Nice melodies, and a solid, emotive vocal performance. I do feel that the synth beats might be just a little bit too intense in the mix, though (to my ears, anyhow).

davidstiles wrote:It's a good song. Nice melodies, and a solid, emotive vocal performance. I do feel that the synth beats might be just a little bit too intense in the mix, though (to my ears, anyhow).
Thank you very much David for your kind words and taking the time to listen.
It sounds fine to me, so im guessing it's just a question of personal taste.
Or atleast it sounds as good as i can, im just an amateur after all.
Im very proud of Cecilia, it feels as if it is my most solid work yet.

Return to “Music Cafe”